+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Allardyce & Nolan

Allardyce & Nolan

Everton season ticket holders have been sent a letter and asked to respond to the question: 'Do you agree that the present manager and coaching staff can get the best out of our players?'
    I would think Mr Allardyce finds this move quite upsetting, especially if the scores are made public and they aren't good.
    They have to answer with a mark between 0 and 10, 10 being completely agree, 0 being disagree.
    Even though Big Sam is contracted to end of 2018-19, the general feeling is that his place at Everton is far from secure.
    If the same test was applied to Mr Nolan, what do you think Notts fans would give him?

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    Everton season ticket holders have been sent a letter and asked to respond to the question: 'Do you agree that the present manager and coaching staff can get the best out of our players?'
    I would think Mr Allardyce finds this move quite upsetting, especially if the scores are made public and they aren't good.
    They have to answer with a mark between 0 and 10, 10 being completely agree, 0 being disagree.
    Even though Big Sam is contracted to end of 2018-19, the general feeling is that his place at Everton is far from secure.
    If the same test was applied to Mr Nolan, what do you think Notts fans would give him?
    I'm a ST holder so would be entitled to vote. If it was exactly the same question, namely 'Do you agree that the present manager and coaching staff can get the best out of our players?', my vote would be 9/10, and probably 9.3/10 if it was an option. I think Nolan has worked wonders with the players he has inherited and added to a squad that seemed destined to take us into non-league. I can't quite give him 10 because I think he has made the odd error (I genuinely hope Forte proves me and Nolan wrong) but that's to be expected from a novice. My mate durhampie has said we would already be champions if it wasn't for Nolan's poor tactics and reliance on his mates. I find that laughable, my view is that he has pretty much maximised the abilities of a limited squad and got us to a position that few of us dared to hope for this time last year. I'll be interested to see other poster's ratings.

9/10 for me too. The only manager in our league that's done a better job is Coleman at Accy.

Very well put Elite. I agree with your comments. Nolan has exceeded all our expectations this season.

When he came in he did a fantastic job with the squad he inherited, arguably over achieved.

When he chose to keep most of that squad fans questioned him again and he has them 4th in the table.

I'd say he's doing a pretty great job at getting the most out of his squad.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    I'm a ST holder so would be entitled to vote. If it was exactly the same question, namely 'Do you agree that the present manager and coaching staff can get the best out of our players?', my vote would be 9/10, and probably 9.3/10 if it was an option. I think Nolan has worked wonders with the players he has inherited and added to a squad that seemed destined to take us into non-league. I can't quite give him 10 because I think he has made the odd error (I genuinely hope Forte proves me and Nolan wrong) but that's to be expected from a novice. My mate durhampie has said we would already be champions if it wasn't for Nolan's poor tactics and reliance on his mates. I find that laughable, my view is that he has pretty much maximised the abilities of a limited squad and got us to a position that few of us dared to hope for this time last year. I'll be interested to see other poster's ratings.
    i'd love Durham Pie to show me any job where having good mates in the industry who can help you out doesnt assist you. Nolan is welcome to use his old boys network as much as he likes. It's a shame that the revolvoing door of previous managers couldn't. I used to have some respect for Durhams honest opinions but this season they have been cringeworthy rubbish. Anyway it's an 8 from me. If we manage promotion I think a major overhaul will be required to stay up though.

Quote Originally Posted by CheltenhamPie View Post
    Very well put Elite. I agree with your comments. Nolan has exceeded all our expectations this season.
    i 100 per cent agree, nolan has done wonders with notts and this is why it angers me and frustrates me so much when people critise him. he is a rookie manager that needs put support not moaning at. I'm fearful that we will drive him away

Nolan is getting basically everything possible out of this squad for me as well, probably only a 9/10 because of the Forte issue.

The only other area where he could be criticised a bit is not strengthening the squad more effectively in January, but that's a different question.

I will be the first to admit that i have not been happy with a number of inept performances, both home and away. These games have cost us dearly. The worrying thing was that KN didnt appear to learn from them. However, since his appointment he has done very well to take us to where we are today. So on that basis a 9 out of 10 is just reward.

I dont want him to lose his job, i just hope that he can conjure up a few more tactics as opposed to the one we currently employ.....

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    My vote too would be a 9/10 but a loss of half a point for the transfer fiasco in January and half a point for his hesitancy in playing Forte, and before anyone accuses me of jumping on the "why didn't we play Forte sooner" bandwagon, I've been calling for his inclusion all season.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast