+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Coming good at the right time?

On a good run but it's the big one on Saturday, hope our bottle holds.

There has been improvement, no doubt about that. However to suggest that it's come at the 'right time'... More like in the nick of time! And possibly still too late.

Wouldn't say they are coming good, they are finally showing some organisation and resilience to teams putting some hard tackles in. Test will come if/when we concede first but they have been a lot better these past three games.

All we can do is keep showing the desire and commitment to winning that we’ve seen the last few games and see where it takes us. If we’re still not good enough then fair enough nobody expected us to go up anyway. But the least we should expect is 100% effort.

I think the added defensive quality of Moshni and Ralston has been the difference lately.

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    I think the added defensive quality of Moshni and Ralston has been the difference lately.
    Don’t forget dropping the keeper has Maybe instilled some confidence as well.

Quote Originally Posted by troonarab View Post
    Don’t forget dropping the keeper has Maybe instilled some confidence as well.
    There is no doubt that Lewis was part of the problem but Moshni and Ralston were making us better, along with Murdoch at LB, and maybe could have lifted Lewis enough to get us through. Thankfully the manager made the decision and we have a better keeper that really should have been in the team long ago.

I hope we're coming good. But I'm not convinced - not by any stretch of the imagination. IF we somehow manage to prevail in the play-offs then that will be pretty miraculous.

Gawd knows what would happen next season - a total shot in the dark given that there would undoubtedly be a total clear out of the squad close season.

Still, I'd take it. A chance is a chance after all.

I agree we have a chance and if we can nick second then I think we could do it.

Agree it would be better to have this effort earlier. Thankfully though team have come good at a time when we can still go up

Quote Originally Posted by PortugueseFrank View Post
    Laszlo does it again.

The team can withstand an in your face, hard-working Brechin performance and then go on to win with style.

Progress, however small, and at the right time of the season.
    Whilst I've been a big critic of Laszlo, I would love to be proved wrong.

The jury is still out but the performances against St Mirren, Falkirk and the second half at Brechin have shown that something has changed.

However, the questions would be - why has it taken so long to get this reaction from the players? and is it due to the manager or is it down to the influence of the players who have recently joined the club (on and off the park)?

I'm hoping that Laszlo is the answer because it's the best scenario for our club but there's still some way to go before I'm convinced.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)