+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Gillingham Post Match Thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by Pattylallacks2 View Post
    Having looked at Vaulks' goal several times I think it should be given to Harry Kane.
    . Did me proud tonight Kane. £70 on won me £128.33 so can't knock him. Get your point though .

Hey good win tonight lads, and credit to all those Millers fans who went down to Kent/Gillingham.

So whats the latest eh, who do you all fancy in the play offs as it stands right now, and its obviously down to five teams now (Charlton, Scunny, Plymouth, Portsmouth & Peterbrough) ?. As a West Yorkie fan Im disappointed to see Bradford have blown it since Larry Grayson took over there!.

Been to the match and we deserved to win. Quite a decent all round performance. Back four all looked solid and Emmanuel, and even Wood (!), made some good runs forward. Also - got to be Palmer's best game in a Millers shirt - he was always involved in the action tonight
    Negatives - another good second half chance missed by Smith, although he played well generally, and an absolutely shocking miss by Williams from about 5 yards out, with only the keeper to beat and he somehow hit the ball wide of the goal when it looked easier to put it in the netl!
    Rodak generally did well except for mis-punching a cross that should have been easily caught, as Gillingham tried to make a comeback near the end. I don't particularly like 4-5-1 anyway, but the strange substitutions by Warney, caused us to keep dropping deeper and put needless pressure on ourselves. Players that were substituted - Towell, Taylor and Smith- were all playing well and causing Gillingham problems. Newell wasn't brought on.

Great win, but against a better team (like Charlton?) the missed chances might have been costly, so could handing the initiative to the opposition for the latter stages of the game. Gillingham can't complain about the result though.
    Last edited by mikemiller; 17-04-2018 at 11:34 PM.

Calm down folks, we'll get who we get in the play offs. Remember the last time we were there nobody wanted to play Preston because they were perceived as the strongest team. We got them and dumped them out, comfortably actually.
    Whoever we get we're going have to be at our best to get to Wembley.
    Bring it on!

Quote Originally Posted by Pattylallacks2 View Post
    Brilliant result. Could do with Scunny finishing 5th
    yeah i want scunny 5th couple of reasons

1) closer for the away match
    2) i think we will beat them
    3) i get to rub the loud mouth scunny fan who works with me yet again when we beat them

If pboro and Charlton don't win their next game we are mathematically in the play offs even if we lose to brissy. Bearing in mind pboro have Blackburn away tomoz and charlton have Portsmouth away i would say it's a big ask for them to win those games both Blackburn and Portsmouth need the points.

I'm not worried about other teams go unbeaten for 6 games is all it will take. Momentum is key

Quote Originally Posted by caytonmiller View Post
    I'm not worried about other teams go unbeaten for 6 games is all it will take. Momentum is key
    We're playing quite well. Main worry is the number of sitters being missed at present. Need to start with Ball or Lavery and not play 4-5-1?

Forgot to mention that the scaffolding stand/away end was closed off last night and the Millers fans had to go into the corner of the low-roofed stand opposite the main one. Given that the weather was quite good, we'd have been better off in our usual position - it wasn't the best view of the whole pitch from where we were, although we did get to see the Millers missed sitters quite well!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast