Thread: What's more frustrating/fulfilling, The Derby Way or The Forest Way?

What's more frustrating/fulfilling, The Derby Way or The Forest Way?

Sort of prompted by a slanging match going on 'elsewhere';

What would you prefer, given no alternative?

The 'Derby Way', slow start, a fantastic run of form and some genuine hope, that hope dashed through a sad dip in form or disappointing finale, and the one season of real success followed by another of abject failure, or

The 'Forest way', early promise (ie first three games usually), then bouncing around the bottom half for the rest of the season, every season

Even without my allegiance, I'd go for the former every time.

Anyone?

The Derby way every time! It can't be good supporting Forest even when they go on a good run of two games without defeat. Walking into the dilapidated City ground makes you depressed no matter what the result!

Quote Originally Posted by Manofpride View Post
    The Derby way every time! It can't be good supporting Forest even when they go on a good run of two games without defeat. Walking into the dilapidated City ground makes you depressed no matter what the result!
    never! whatever the currant situation MOP walking into the CG is always special no matter what.

COYR.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    Sort of prompted by a slanging match going on 'elsewhere';

What would you prefer, given no alternative?

The 'Derby Way', slow start, a fantastic run of form and some genuine hope, that hope dashed through a sad dip in form or disappointing finale, and the one season of real success followed by another of abject failure, or

The 'Forest way', early promise (ie first three games usually), then bouncing around the bottom half for the rest of the season, every season

Even without my allegiance, I'd go for the former every time.

Anyone?
    irrelevant really, both situations have fail written all over it.

2 underachieving clubs pining for past glories!! Put both squads together and still not good enough!! Gross mis-management on an epic scale!!

The key word is frustrating.
    In that sense the Forest way will be something you'd dismiss early on. So I suppose less frustrating.

The Derby Way will not be frustrating in Year 1 rather exciting I suppose. It'll become slightly frustrating in Year 2 but still the excitement is there. As it goes on in further years the levels of frustration will undoubtedly increase with year.

As they say a miss is as good a mile.

Essex is probably right here. Both are failures.

Quote Originally Posted by macstheman View Post
    2 underachieving clubs pining for past glories!! Put both squads together and still not good enough!! Gross mis-management on an epic scale!!
    This is so true. Couldn't make a good side from two