+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Extra tickets for Donny away .....

Extra tickets for Donny away .....

.....Just heard that we are asking for another 1,800 tickets for Donny away which is now a very very very crucial match and one that will hopefully see us over the line. Our full allocation has been sold, but we are now likely to be taking 5k away on a Tuesday night. That will be some night.

That being the case, Champs, the attendance at home against Peterborough was even more disappointing.

Quote Originally Posted by AucklandRover View Post
    That being the case, Champs, the attendance at home against Peterborough was even more disappointing.
    Totally agree. One thing that's been consistent all season is our away support have travelled in great numbers, and great voice. Not so much at home. It was a poor crowd last night. Thurs night, expensive tickets. Blackburn is a very poor place, its hard to justify spending all that money in an area like that. And there are still a lot not impressed with Venkys still.
    But I do want to say this Auks! Our voices where heard.
    One of the first things Mowbray said in his post match interview was we where patient and helped suck the ball in. It may well have been 11k but inside that stadium it felt like 20k as everyone was passionate. Doing the job of 3 men instead of 1. The people who go now (generally) are REAL fans. Not bandwagon jumpers, not really that many moaners, and mostly we are supportive.
    Its a slow process repairing the damage that's been done. It will take more than a Div1 promotion for some to forgive. We will see a gradual increase back up to around 17/18k IF we carry on pushing forward and getting around the top of the CHAMP. Some fans simply wont return until we are winning games in a league they feel we should be in. Personally, I hope they stay away. Find another club. Go watch Accy or go shopping with the wife. But the better we do, the more will return. But they will come back, slowly. Dependant on how we are doing. It was never ever to do with the Owners, it was about not having the stomach to watch their team do badly.
    Last edited by champs95; 20-04-2018 at 08:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by champs95 View Post
    Totally agree. One thing that's been consistent all season is our away support have travelled in great numbers, and great voice. Not so much at home. It was a poor crowd last night. Thurs night, expensive tickets. Blackburn is a very poor place, its hard to justify spending all that money in an area like that. And there are still a lot not impressed with Venkys still.
    But I do want to say this Auks! Our voices where heard.
    One of the first things Mowbray said in his post match interview was we where patient and helped suck the ball in. It may well have been 11k but inside that stadium it felt like 20k as everyone was passionate. Doing the job of 3 men instead of 1. The people who go now (generally) are REAL fans. Not bandwagon jumpers, not really that many moaners, and mostly we are supportive.
    Its a slow process repairing the damage that's been done. It will take more than a Div1 promotion for some to forgive. We will see a gradual increase back up to around 17/18k IF we carry on pushing forward and getting around the top of the CHAMP. Some fans simply wont return until we are winning games in a league they feel we should be in. Personally, I hope they stay away. Find another club. Go watch Accy or go shopping with the wife. But the better we do, the more will return. But they will come back, slowly. Dependant on how we are doing. It was never ever to do with the Owners, it was about not having the stomach to watch their team do badly.
    Great post, Champs.

Quote Originally Posted by champs95 View Post
    It was never ever to do with the Owners, it was about not having the stomach to watch their team do badly.
    Post that on brfcs, instant ban. You'd be a troll and a Wum.

Quote Originally Posted by Saxo1man41 View Post
    Post that on brfcs, instant ban. You'd be a troll and a Wum.

I think the younger me, would've done exactly that. What's the point in arguing with peole who don't want to listen.
    What I say to them is a waste of time.
    I feel closer to the club. All that matters is the club, on the pitch. As like it or not, Venkys have learnt. And we are heading in the right direction. Promotion is the first big major part in the new Rovers.
    I've been all over the place!with Rovers this season. and last night, and other games this season, I know I've done my part. Me and the others. We made it sound like 20k last night. Away, you see the same faces. And most now are all pulling in the right direction. Together. And TM acknowledges that. The players celebrate every goal together! And at the end with the fans. We all feel part of it. And all that matters is that, and obviously promotion. Baby steps. We dropped a long way, pretty quickly. We are coming back stronger.

Which is why I can't understand the grudges and the moaning, Champs.
    When you compare the recent past, it is really hard to fathom the anti-Mowbray brigade. OK - we haven't won all our games with flair and dominance, but did any team, ever, at this level?
    There seem to me so many more positives than negatives that I just can't see where they're coming from.

Quote Originally Posted by AucklandRover View Post
    Which is why I can't understand the grudges and the moaning, Champs.
    When you compare the recent past, it is really hard to fathom the anti-Mowbray brigade. OK - we haven't won all our games with flair and dominance, but did any team, ever, at this level?
    There seem to me so many more positives than negatives that I just can't see where they're coming from.
    You obviously don't feel the pain as much as some, I personally am slowly recovering from the agony inflicted by the dark side and recognise the great work of Honest Tony in restoring my club to a place where I can hold my head up. No chance of me buying a season ticket but at least I have gone to a couple of games and can be bothered watching a TV game. For two years I wouldn't turn the TVs on to watch Rovers so much was my disgust of events, now it seems there is a change for the better. Let's hope it doesn't revert to type.

The key thing, Test, is that Venky's at least seem to have learned a little from the chaos they brought.
    They seem to be very much in the back seat now.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)