+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Derby release retain list

Derby release retain list

Not really, but worth a think about, just to cheer us up, especially after recent comments about crocks and old-stagers getting way-too-long contracts. Here's my offering, waaaay to light on the release side you'll no doubt say, the issue is if you can't get rid you might as well hold onto players for cover.

anyone?

For those with contracts up in the summer

Darren Bent – release, thanks for your early efforts Darren and for the comedy og v Chelsea
    Chris Baird – retain. This goes against the general grain which is to release, I still see a fill-in role for the old-stager.
    Jason Shackell - release
    Kelle Roos – retain if there’s confidence he can fill in for a lengthy period

For those with 2019 Contracts

Craig Bryson – retain and put him back in the first team
    Andreas Weimann - retain
    Jacob Butterfield – release unless there’s been some quantum shift since he went to SW. My SW fan mate says there hasn’t
    Bradley Johnson – regrettably, retain
    Nick Blackman – release or allow to stay at Maccabe if its costing us nil wages
    Marcus Olsson – retain if we can’t find anything better
    David Nugent – retain and tell him to go find his scoring boots
    Curtis Davies – retain X10
    Tom Huddlestone - retain
    Alex Pearce – retain as cover, IMO lacks skill not heart
    Joe Ledley - retain
    Cameron Jerome – good idea gone bad. Release

For those with 2020 contracts

Matej Vydra – retain X10
    Ikechi Anya – release, or see if Kansas City will swap him for Johnny Russell
    Chris Martin – Blimey, there was a time when he’d be top of my retain list but his apparent moody demeanour and GR’s preference re formation says release
    Scott Carson - retain X10
    Craig Forsyth – release. Not the same since returning
    George Thorne – Not sure where GR is going with someone who is clearly struggling to get back to his best, release
    Mason Bennett – retain for cover if he’s cheap on the wage bill
    Jamie Hanson – as above, although the new contract makes any comment irrelevant

For those with 2021 contracts

Andre Wisdom - retain
    Jonathan Mitchell – See Kelle Roos. Perm 1 from 2
    Richard Keogh – retain X 2

For those with 2022 contracts

Tom Lawrence – retain and to coin the old phrase ‘put a rocket up him’

For those on loan

Sam Winnall – retain if possible
    Kasey Palmer – release, we already have one showboater and I’ll never forgive him for that free kick against Leeds

So by my reckoning, the following line up will start 2018/2019 – in capitals is who will be playing regardless of the few signings we may make, lower case and they will hopefully be improved upon over the summer. Complete midfield available for sale anyone?

CARSON
    WISDOM DAVIES KEOGH Baird
    Johnson Bryson Ledley
    LAWRENCE VYDRA Wiemann
    Nugent

After recent performances it makes depressing reading.

Cheer us up? Really?
    Think that’s the most depressing article I’ve ever read. Just more of the same then.
    Agree with the four you’ve put ‘X’ by but ultimately that side will go nowhere.
    Add on observations...Lawrence...retain and play in his favoured position. Baird, Johnson, Pearce, Ledley, Olsson, Nugent, Weimann...retain? Why? What have they proved...or is it just because we have no choice?
    Bryson...from 2011, yes please but he’s nearly 32 and for a ‘box to box’ midfielder with a bad fitness record that’s getting on a bit...Winnall...not sure. Palmer...he’ll be going anyway but at least he’s a player...misfit free kicks are forgivable...Olsson’s pathetic attempt at a tackle will never be and we have got somebody better...Max Lowe.
    God you’ve depressed me...give yourself a yellow card.

I've just tried to ban myself but it doesn't work

Yes I forgot that effort by Olsson, difference is he didn't stand there for two minutes looking like Mark Morrison before he did it.

And yes, no choice or too expensive to get shut of. Weimann I disagree, Baid good benchwarmer

Bryson is marginal but even now I'd put him above Ledley and Huddlestone for energy

Given that spending is promised to be limited, the only alternative is to replace all my lower case options with youngsters and hope they develop in the first team. Other forum members know their potential better than I so no point me commenting further
    Last edited by Andy_Faber; 18-04-2018 at 12:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    I've just tried to ban myself but it doesn't work

Yes I forgot that effort by Olsson, difference is he didn't stand there for two minutes looking like Mark Morrison before he did it.

And yes, no choice or too expensive to get shut of. Weimann I disagree, Baid good benchwarmer

Bryson is marginal but even now I'd put him above Ledley and Huddlestone for energy
    I don’t know who Mark Morrison is.
    Weimann...maybe. Baird...good decision last season...too old now, be useful at Burton in League One.
    I’ve got more energy than Huddlestone and Ledley...means nothing.

Darren Bent – release,
    Chris Baird – release
    Jason Shackell - release
    Kelle Roos – release

Craig Bryson – retain
    Andreas Weimann - retain
    Jacob Butterfield – release
    Bradley Johnson – release
    Nick Blackman – release
    Marcus Olsson – release
    David Nugent – retain
    Curtis Davies – release
    Tom Huddlestone - release
    Joe Ledley - release
    Cameron Jerome – Release

Matej Vydra – retain
    Ikechi Anya – release,
    Chris Martin – retain
    Scott Carson - retain
    Craig Forsyth – release.
    George Thorne – release
    Mason Bennett – releasel
    Jamie Hanson – release

Andre Wisdom - retain
    Jonathan Mitchell – retain
    Richard Keogh – release

Tom Lawrence – retain

For those on loan

Sam Winnall – retain
    Kasey Palmer – release
    Last edited by Manofpride; 18-04-2018 at 01:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    I don’t know who Mark Morrison is.
    That's just the sort of irrelevant non-footy twaddle you're missing on v****

Arrogant Leicester rapper/singer, always strutted round like he was better than he actually was. 10% less cocky and 10% better and he would have been the new Michael Jackson. Its actually a good analogy. Check out 'Return Of the Mack'

Quote Originally Posted by Manofpride View Post
    Darren Bent – release,
    Chris Baird – release
    Jason Shackell - release
    Kelle Roos – release

Craig Bryson – retain
    Andreas Weimann - retain
    Jacob Butterfield – release
    Bradley Johnson – release
    Nick Blackman – release
    Marcus Olsson – release
    David Nugent – retain
    Curtis Davies – release
    Tom Huddlestone - release
    Joe Ledley - release
    Cameron Jerome – Release

Matej Vydra – retain
    Ikechi Anya – release,
    Chris Martin – retain
    Scott Carson - retain
    Craig Forsyth – release.
    George Thorne – release
    Mason Bennett – releasel
    Jamie Hanson – release

Andre Wisdom - retain
    Jonathan Mitchell – retain
    Richard Keogh – release

Tom Lawrence – retain

For those on loan

Sam Winnall – retain
    Kasey Palmer – release
    Vicious. at least you've left an OK five a side team

Vicious, but necessary!!

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    That's just the sort of irrelevant non-footy twaddle you're missing on v****

Arrogant Leicester rapper/singer, always strutted round like he was better than he actually was. 10% less cocky and 10% better and he would have been the new Michael Jackson. Its actually a good analogy. Check out 'Return Of the Mack'
    Sorry Andy...neither ‘rap’ nor Michael Jackson float my boat.
    Agree with mac and MoP...’vicious but necessary’...whether it’s affordable I’ll leave to the financial experts...but one of them is - ahem - still banned.

How does Sam Winnall get a contract till 2022 when he doesn't even play for us

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)