+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: O/T - Falkirk FC

O/T - Falkirk FC

A brilliant update from fellow championship side Falkirk

http://www.falkirkfc.co.uk/chief-exe...te-april-2018/

Quote Originally Posted by johnny_dumfries View Post
    A brilliant update from fellow championship side Falkirk

http://www.falkirkfc.co.uk/chief-exe...te-april-2018/
    I very much doubt that we will see a similar from the heart rallying call from our invisible chairman or will he surprise us all.

Interesting to read they have already signed off their biggest 1st team playing budget despite finishing ( hopefully) 8th in the league.

now this is the kind of communication and vision/ambition i want to see from queens ,everything to do with the club is focused on moving forward .

Quote Originally Posted by Francis_begbie_HFC View Post
    now this is the kind of communication and vision/ambition i want to see from queens ,everything to do with the club is focused on moving forward .
    I 100% agree Francis.

Quote Originally Posted by Spikefaethesouth View Post
    I 100% agree Francis.

Credit to their fans for not walking away like some of ours despite having a worse season

This article is brilliant but in particular what a rallying call for the coming season which in turn should help maintain or even boost season ticket sales. By promising their highest ever championship budget for new signings this must excite the Falkirk fans, as it would me, and they must therefore be full of optimism for the season ahead.
    We are going in to our centenary season which should alone excite the fans and on the back of this we should have similar encouragement from our Chairman with respect to the prospect for the team with numerous events are being planned. What do we get from the invisible Chairman the usual silence and a mood of pessimism pervading throughout. Come on Hewitson lets at least hear your thoughts and plans for the momentous centenary season ahead to enthuse the supporters and encourage them to purchase season tickets and to get back supporting our hame team.

Quote Originally Posted by Spikefaethesouth View Post
    This article is brilliant but in particular what a rallying call for the coming season which in turn should help maintain or even boost season ticket sales. By promising their highest ever championship budget for new signings this must excite the Falkirk fans, as it would me, and they must therefore be full of optimism for the season ahead.
    We are going in to our centenary season which should alone excite the fans and on the back of this we should have similar encouragement from our Chairman with respect to the prospect for the team with numerous events are being planned. What do we get from the invisible Chairman the usual silence and a mood of pessimism pervading throughout. Come on Hewitson lets at least hear your thoughts and plans for the momentous centenary season ahead to enthuse the supporters and encourage them to purchase season tickets and to get back supporting our hame team.

You must of been reading my mind Spike. Your comment above is absolutely spot on

That statement from Falkirk is exactly to kind of thing we need at Palmerston from our CHAIRMAN especially with the shirt draw a week today and next season being the start of our centenary celebrations

Over to you BILLY

the right statement at the right time despite a difficult season.
    Well done Falkirk

Just read this thread and agree wholeheartedly with all the comments. Credit to Johnny for kicking it off. The centenary is a one-off opportunity to remind the public about the place the club play and has played in the community. What with the way things are these days it’s an opportunity that shouldn’t be squandered. I’m wondering who is in charge of promoting the centenary? If ever there was a time to seek additional marketing support this is it. I wonder if a new start up company might see this as an opportunity, or even students. I’m not in the habit of dissing the BOD but maybe this is a moment where a little extra vision and creativity could go a long way?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)