+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: O/T As You've Got Older - Tipples

O/T As You've Got Older - Tipples

I used to like Pernod and black as a kid but I now realise it was much for the sweetness. Any short with a sweet soft drink mixer would have done but the mixer was to desguise the strong alcohol.

Now I'm less mature but older I do appreciate a nice short drink.

Whiskey is at the limit drank neat I tend to have a drop of cola in it but not too much.

Pastis is a French aniseed drink taken with water. It is a very good thirst quencher.

My favourite tipple has to be a Gin and Tonic. I have great memories of my first ever enjoymen of the stuff and all paid for by the government. It was in the British Embassy in Tehran before the turn of the century. What a week that was!!!
    I was on an exhibition for British companies and through our contact at the embassy we went to a party every night. Bloody brilliant!!!

I relax with a glass of gin and tonic with a squeze of lemon or lime but not essential.
    Last edited by frogmiller; 17-04-2018 at 05:23 PM. Reason: Brin told me to

You missed a treat last w/e then,Ginfest at Wentworth Woodhouse over 30 new gins to try.

Advocaat.

The drink of satan.

I like a good drop of Port.

I’m 29 and as much as I love a good pint of bitter or a thirst quenching lager, I can’t resist what I call old lady drinks like advocaat, or tia maria with either orange juice or Bailey’s (they do a lush vegan almond version of that now). Whiskey I only drink with ginger ale

I’m backing sherry to become fashionable again too haha

Quote Originally Posted by frogmiller View Post
    I used to like Pernod and black as a kid but I now realise it was much for the sweetness. Any short with a sweet soft drink mixer would have done but the mixer was to desguise the strong alcohol.

Whiskey is at the limit drank neat I tend to have a drop of cola in it but not too much.

Pastis is a French aniseed drink taken with water. It is a very good thirst quencher.

My favourite tipple has to be a Gin and Tonic. I have great memories of my first ever enjoymen of the stuff and all paid for by the government. It was in the British Embassy in Tehran before the turn of the century. What a week that was!!!
    I was on an exhibition for British companies and through our contact at the embassy we went to a party every night. Bloody brilliant!!!

I relax with a glass of gin and tonic with a squeze of lemon or lime but not essential.
    Why isn't this O/T Mr Mod?

Have to say I've gone over from whisky of late to gin and tonic's. What a great variety there are with ump**** things to mix them with unlike whisky. Like lolmorgan I too like a port preferably when having a nice meal with a choice of cheese and grapes.

Quote Originally Posted by frogmiller View Post

Many years ago as a young married man I went on a weeks holiday to Jersey. There was a party on our plane and in the same hotel consisting of a couple of South Yorkshire landlords and some of their hard drinking regulars. They were hardly out of the hotel bar all week. One night, after dinner, I got into a session with them. After the (then) wife went to bed it got serious - G & T being the required drink. If anyone went to the toilet his glass would be liberally topped up with neat gin. I was well out of my depth and well out of my head. I missed a whole day of my holiday because of that night. Hardly touched a gin since then, although I do have it in the occasional Long Island iced tea, which I am very partial to on holidays (In the States I'm always asked if I know that it's not actually tea)

I must tell you about the time in South Africa when I was drinking After Shock - Taquila chaces with a Zulo.

True story and before After shock arrived in Britain. The caugh medicine drink with a kick mmmmmmmmmm!

One of my favourite combinations, best drunk somewhere in Greece is Metaxa (7 star or better) with a small cup of Greek coffee (sweet)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast