+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mini mixed quiz

I would be interested in the answer to question 1 as the only other one I can think of is Ollie Banks and that was a one in one.

And you're right it was 5 goals in the 5 league games Dicko played as one of the 6 was the JP Trophy.

Although as I said he only scored in 4 of those league games.
    Last edited by great_fire; 19-04-2018 at 01:54 PM.

OK so had to cheat.

A player called George Darwin scored 2 goals in 2 appearances in October 1960 but I don't know if that was 2 in one game or one in each.

If it was one in each then that's the best I could come up with.

Great Fire, my old man first took me to Millmoor at the age of 5 and sat me on the wall at the Tivoli end. We hardly spoke and when we did I discovered our opinions on the game and the ability of various players differed wildly.

At the age of 9 I finally got to ditch him and go with my mates. Sounds unkind but tis the truth. Tom Johnston is for me one of our best ever managers and when he arrived he saved us from near certain relegation to Div.3. At the same rime he brought in some class players like Alan Kirkman and Don Weston so when TJ signed George Darwin from Derby County I was more than intrigued. George scored on his debut away from home and then I was at Millmoor to see his home debut.

George scored again and terrified the opposition to such an extent that they kicked him ceaselessly before hammering him from behind in the centre circle and breaking his leg. He never recovered or played for us again. Two years of recovery before he hobbled off to Barrow before having to retire.

His record: 63 in 126 games for Mansfield.

32 in 94 games for Derby.

2 in 2 games for us.

A class player snuffed out in his prime with much more to come.

This site's No.1 daddy cool and hipster supreme goes by the name of Frank Casper.

Visions Of You - Sinead O'Connor

The Sun Does Rise - Dolores O'Riordan (of Cranberries fame and sadly dead at 46 in a Park Lane hotel).

Quote Originally Posted by Zilzal View Post
    George scored again and terrified the opposition to such an extent that they kicked him ceaselessly before hammering him from behind in the centre circle and breaking his leg. He never recovered or played for us again. Two years of recovery before he hobbled off to Barrow before having to retire.

His record: 63 in 126 games for Mansfield.

32 in 94 games for Derby.

2 in 2 games for us.

A class player snuffed out in his prime with much more to come.
    So considering Dicko didn't score in every game 2 in 2 is probably the best, in modern history anyway, someone may have done better back in the mist of time.

Quote Originally Posted by Zilzal View Post
    This site's No.1 daddy cool and hipster supreme goes by the name of Frank Casper.

Visions Of You - Sinead O'Connor

The Sun Does Rise - Dolores O'Riordan (of Cranberries fame and sadly dead at 46 in a Park Lane hotel).
    Didn't particularly follow punk era however that doesn't mean I didn't take notice.
    I will take the " daddy cool and hipster " comments as a positive.

Hipster....not far off the mark Zil.

Daddy Cool.....Song by Boney M and Bobby Farrell.

I remember the Cranberries and Dolores O'Riordan and you mentioning Sinead O'Connor jogged my memory and I ought to have got the answer to question 3.

Miller's 1-0 Pirates.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12