+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mini mixed quiz

Mini mixed quiz

Dic.ko scored 5 goals in 5 league games during his brief spell with us.

1.So, who is the only other RUFC player to score in every game for us? (1 in 1 answers will be frowned upon. As will anyone looking up answers on the internet and in books.)

2. Ace bassist Jah Wobble wasn't born to a couple called Mr and Mrs Wobble. This being the case, how did Jah Wobble get his name.

3. Who sang lead vocals on JW's Invaders of the Heart song 'Visions of You'.

4. Who sang lead vocals on JW's Invaders of the Heart song 'The Sun Will Rise'.

[QUOTE=Zilzal;38862429]

2. Ace bassist Jah Wobble wasn't born to a couple called Mr and Mrs Wobble. This being the case, how did Jah Wobble get his name

I think that his real name is John Wardle (same as the Yorkshire cricketer), but Johnny Rotten (John Lydon) was too drunk to pronounce it properly and the name stuck

So close Mike, I'm going to have to give it to you.

The guy who couldn't pronounce John's name correctly was at the other end of the bass playing spectrum, namely Lydon's mate, master musician and qualified moron, Sid Vicious.

I always though it was something to do with reggae or rastafarianism.

The first question I thought it was Dicko but he didn't score in his first appearance as a sub.

Whoops I missed the first line of your post!

And you can type Dicko.

And he played in 6 games, the first one he came on as a sub after 63 minutes and didn't score.

0-0 v Carlisle.

So he didn't score in every game but he did in every game he started.
    Last edited by great_fire; 19-04-2018 at 01:05 AM.

3. Surprised no one picked up on this one zil.
    She was all over the news earlier this year.
    Lovely looking lass and tragic what happened.
    Love listening to that track on youtube.I won't name her but more than likely CTMilller will know.

You do mean the Sun Does Rise.

Should be question 4 in post 7.....not number 3.

I will go with Druce for the player who scored in everyy game he played. I speak only of his loan spell which was very good. The rest of his carrer with us was shocking.

Quote Originally Posted by Casper64Frank View Post
    3. Surprised no one picked up on this one zil.
    She was all over the news earlier this year.
    Lovely looking lass and tragic what happened.
    Love listening to that track on youtube.I won't name her but more than likely CTMilller will know.

You do mean the Sun Does Rise.
    I didn't, as it happens, C64F. Having spent much of my life from the mid 70s onwards living outside the UK, there are huge gaps in my musical knowledge - particularly when it comes to the punk and post punk era in England.

I did look it up because I recalled Zil's enthusiasm for JW from an earlier thread and really liked both these tracks. The man has talent. I'm a great admirer of bass players who fill a song with counter melody in addition to simply keeping the beat. Although they all have different styles, Wobble is like Jaco Pastorius and Jack Casady in this regard.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast