+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Wolves

Quote Originally Posted by Mansfield_Blade View Post
    But its a clear indication of where the owner thinks they will be in 5 years time, you don't sell 5 year season tickets if you think that in the next 5 years they are going to be worth a lot more.
    So what you’re saying then MB is that in selling the Pork their 3 year season tickets, Chancers’s messed up big time?

Quote Originally Posted by bulmer1889 View Post
    Surely it must apply both ways then H meaning the pigs 5 yr season ticket deal monies incoming must be spread over 5yrs,oh wait a minute it's the FA and EFL so logic goes out the window. I don't know what's so difficult about making some rules and sticking to them and penalising clubs that don't adhere them,every other organisation seems to manage this task with a minimum of fuss dunno what makes football so different apart from the idiots that run it,although cricket are giving them a run for their money (10 ball overs ! )

Yep, that's the normal accounting treatment but I suspect that's more to do with cash flow than FFP.

I'm sure I've that any punishments are to be announced before the season is over. We'll see.

Are D Taxis trading yet?

Quote Originally Posted by FatherKnowsBest View Post
    I did wonder with the 100 ball cricket revolution why they couldn't just bowl 20 x 5 ball overs, or why it was such a problem to do a countdown from 120 balls (in 20/20). Sounds like a small group of people who don't know what they are doing or why, but desperate to make a committee decision about it to justify their fat salaries.

For tax purposes, you only declare one years revenue at a time (over five years), although you have the cash available to spend the moment it hits the bank account. Its a bit of a dangerous thing to do, if you think your revenue or cashflow will weaken in the foreseable future. You can end up having to deliver costly products and services long after you've spent the money for them. If its a tactic to shore up on losses, then you are very thin ice...
    Many many years ago football clubs had to ringfence an element of single season ticket sales.

Promotion and staying up there means they're resonably priced. A relegation means otherwise. If I remember rightly the terms they were issued under meant no refunds and the way you signed up for them meant no recourse fron the credit card companies and therefore no recharges to the club.

Tuna is a pretty slippery fish isnt it?

Fans should pay more. Better players cost money, the fans should have to pay more towards it.

Wolves have obviously accounted for the money coming in against the players they want to buy, if there is a shortfall the fans have to pay for it.

And people wonder why we never get anybody in charge with the wherewithal to take us forward

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123