Thread: Amelia Earheart.

Amelia Earheart.

They never found her or Fred. I don't buy the conspiracy stories, women have a terrible sense of direction, she got lost, landed on the wrong island and starved to death.
    She was a tomboy with her cropped hair and boyish looks. Some men like that sort of thing and fantasise about traffic wardens.
    But not me, i like women to look like women, or at least try to.
    Nice day again innit?

Very interesting story around this disappearance. They did find some bones on an atoll in 1940 but they were originally discounted as being the remains of Amelia. However, since then reports have emerged that they could have been Amelia's remains but the bones are no longer available to provide any DNA evidence so the speculation will keep on running.

Doesn't matter much. She would be dead by now anyway.
    Ronnie Lane wrote and sang a song about her. Pretty good. I liked Ronnie Lane. He is dead as well.

Whooooooooooo ?

Quote Originally Posted by viaductbaggies View Post
    Whooooooooooo ?
    You don't know who Ronnie lane is? Tut!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XSc1Hwa0Gx4

Whooooooooooo ?
    Tut Tut. Ronnie was a really nice bloke and did some very décent stuff (not this)

Whooooooooooo ?
    Ronnie lane was a member of one of the best bands this country ever produced, then again if you asked me who was top of the charts I wouldn’t have a clue.not that I want to know.

Quote Originally Posted by albion68 View Post
    Ronnie lane was a member of one of the best bands this country ever produced, then again if you asked me who was top of the charts I wouldn’t have a clue.not that I want to know.
    Which band ?

How old are you lot on here ?

Quote Originally Posted by holmleighchris View Post
    You don't know who Ronnie lane is? Tut!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XSc1Hwa0Gx4
    Never heard of him or Amelia Earhart

There was a good film made about her, which I would recommend anybody interested in her to watch.

I never thought I'd ever see her mentioned on here.

Which band ?

How old are you lot on here ?
    I reckon a good amount of us were born in the 1950s. Amelia Earhart was long gone before anyone on here was born I'd imagine. However as a famous historical figure you should have heard of her. Ever heard of any of the following: Stalin, the Wright Brothers, William Caxton, Martin Luthor King, Jimmy Clitheroe?

Doesn't matter much. She would be dead by now anyway.
    Ronnie Lane wrote and sang a song about her. Pretty good. I liked Ronnie Lane. He is dead as well.
    Don't you start liking me you plonker...all your likes are dead....

I reckon a good amount of us were born in the 1950s. Amelia Earhart was long gone before anyone on here was born I'd imagine. However as a famous historical figure you should have heard of her. Ever heard of any of the following: Stalin, the Wright Brothers, William Caxton, Martin Luthor King, Jimmy Clitheroe?
    Never heard of William Caxton or jimmy clitheroe

Quote Originally Posted by goodlordmurphy View Post
    Don't you start liking me you plonker...all your likes are dead....
    You should be okay. They aren't likes just the most famous names in the history of the world. There may be others equal to them but none surpass them in their own specific field.
    Little Jimmy for example: found him the scariest entertainer ever. Yet as a child I was always drawn to watching him. It was only 4 years ago I found out he was a comedian.

You should be okay. They aren't likes just the most famous names in the history of the world. There may be others equal to them but none surpass them in their own specific field.
    Little Jimmy for example: found him the scariest entertainer ever. Yet as a child I was always drawn to watching him. It was only 4 years ago I found out he was a comedian.
    The 'Clitheroe Kid' another of the wireless programs that we loved all those years ago....

What's this 'we' business GLM - he was as funny as anthrax.

Yesteryear's equivalent of William Hague/Joe Pasquale.

Quote Originally Posted by Roymit View Post
    What's this 'we' business GLM - he was as funny as anthrax.
    Comes to mind I don't remember ever laughing either....��