+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Football fair play

Football fair play

What is clear is that clubs with large cash backing are sticking two fingers up to far play rules.
    Leicester spent mega bucks flouting the rules ... got promoted and when they got caught years later just got a small slap on the wrist.
    It seems that Wolves are going down a similar track but we will probably never know the detail but whatever they are now '' in the money''
    Fairness and football can't be mentioned in the same sentence but Mr Morris... '' if you can't beat'em then join'em''

I'm guessing its as simple as clubs deciding if they are going to be ethical or not, I can't ever see the rule makers really issuing a punishment that fits the crime. My guess is that MM is ethical so it won't be happening here.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    My guess is that MM is ethical so it won't be happening here.
    And very likely skint after spunking so many readies on 150 managers and an unlimited supply of garbage that we have to watch wearing the shirt!!

Quote Originally Posted by macstheman View Post
    And very likely skint after spunking so many readies on 150 managers and an unlimited supply of garbage that we have to watch wearing the shirt!!
    yeah its a sad day when instead of whispering 'he invented Candy Crush', folk start whispering 'he bought Jacob Butterfield'

MM Already said the club will never break For rules All Leicester said was we didn't diliberately break the rules get they are still laughing QPR 4yrs later still not paid up Bournemouth went £42 million over to get their promotion fined £8million and received £140 million for getting to the Prem If Wolves have done anything wrong in sure they won't be worrying about it

Morris is not rich enough to go down that route

Morris has already blew his play money trying to get us up so he wont be doing much more anyway. probably one of the main reasons Rowett hasn't been sacked imo, because if he was operating in the manner he was 2 years ago (clement) he'd have been sacked in mid February. what we'll see now is another Nigel Clough era of cost cutting and years of mid table finishes, its always the fans that suffer for the mess the owners get the club in. Morris has been nothing but a catastrophe for this club, came in throwing money about when it didn't need money throwing at it, we had everything in place, the worst transfer window was the 2016 january one, we lost Ibe and only needed a replacement which was Ince, we ended up bringing in Bent, Lingard as well. we spunked a lot money on pointless signings, we threw our weight around and even tapped up players (shackell and Buttercup we're iffy) and now we're getting our just deserts.

Quote Originally Posted by DCFCArmy View Post
    Morris has already blew his play money trying to get us up so he wont be doing much more anyway. probably one of the main reasons Rowett hasn't been sacked imo, because if he was operating in the manner he was 2 years ago (clement) he'd have been sacked in mid February. what we'll see now is another Nigel Clough era of cost cutting and years of mid table finishes, its always the fans that suffer for the mess the owners get the club in. Morris has been nothing but a catastrophe for this club, came in throwing money about when it didn't need money throwing at it, we had everything in place, the worst transfer window was the 2016 january one, we lost Ibe and only needed a replacement which was Ince, we ended up bringing in Bent, Lingard as well. we spunked a lot money on pointless signings, we threw our weight around and even tapped up players (shackell and Buttercup we're iffy) and now we're getting our just deserts.
    What I think you might be better asking, rather than mindlessly attacking Morris yet again, is why players like Lingard, Shackell, Butterfield, Johnson and Shotton, to name but an obvious five, can be great elsewhere but rubbish with us.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    What I think you might be better asking, rather than mindlessly attacking Morris yet again, is why players like Lingard, Shackell, Butterfield, Johnson and Shotton, to name but an obvious five, can be great elsewhere but rubbish with us.
    A question I have asked at various times when one or ore of those individuals has been lambasted on a forum.

I might have an explanation for Lawrence's apparent regression since joining. He was always an attacking central midfielder. We play him out wide. He was OK at Leicester, very good at Ipswich and very good for Wales......

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    I was watching an interview with Alan Hinton yesterday. He was talking about Clough/Taylor on signing players and that he tried the same approach. When a good player becomes poor it is a good time to make a bid for them as you'll get then for peanuts, but don't forget a good player is a good player. If a good player starts to perform badly through age or a bad injury then that's different but Hinton was saying when a player under achieves it's because he is unhappy. Put your arm around them and tell them how important they are as a player and how their input is so much needed by the club. It made me think did we have happy players and did that change in the January window? Just a thought!
    Last edited by Manofpride; 21-04-2018 at 07:50 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)