Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pre-Match View From Birmingham

Yes, a goal from Che would be a sickener. But they all seem to think they need to go all out for the win and if they do, that will play right into our hands

Sounds like another lot from the 1980's, "Went out, had 12 pints, had a right scrap with this big bloke, knocked him aht, not a mark on me. Brilliant night.!"

Typical end of season 6 pointer. I think they've got just enough to stay up, I think we haven't quite got enough to go up.

Quote Originally Posted by FatherKnowsBest View Post
    Sounds like another lot from the 1980's, "Went out, had 12 pints, had a right scrap with this big bloke, knocked him aht, not a mark on me. Brilliant night.!"

Typical end of season 6 pointer. I think they've got just enough to stay up, I think we haven't quite got enough to go up.
    It's not a six pointer at all, as we're at opposite ends of the table. It's a must-win for both, but the traditional definition of the six pointer is where the teams are close together and a win for one team opens up the gap on their rivals:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Six-pointer

Quote Originally Posted by Carpe_diem View Post
    It's not a six pointer at all, as we're at opposite ends of the table. It's a must-win for both, but the traditional definition of the six pointer is where the teams are close together and a win for one team opens up the gap on their rivals:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Six-pointer
    Okay, Mr Technically-Correct. I use the term in the context that regardless of where we are in the league, they need the three points and we need the three points. 3 + 3 used to be 6 when I was at school. Has it changed since Brexit?

UTB

Okay, Mr Technically-Correct. I use the term in the context that regardless of where we are in the league, they need the three points and we need the three points. 3 + 3 used to be 6 when I was at school. Has it changed since Brexit?

UTB
    Sorry FKB but all you've done is correctly describe a regular league game! Carpe has it bang on. Only a six pointer if you and the opposition are competing for the same league positions.

Its just about a 3 point pointless game.

Quote Originally Posted by GuancheBlade View Post
    Sorry FKB but all you've done is correctly describe a regular league game! Carpe has it bang on. Only a six pointer if you and the opposition are competing for the same league positions.
    Okay, I give in. Did I tell you that 'technically correct' is the best kind of 'correct'?

Okay, I give in. Did I tell you that 'technically correct' is the best kind of 'correct'?
    Technically true

both teams need the 3 points so i think we all know what the result is gonna be dont we ?

You’re all wrong. A six-pointer is where both teams are within a few points of each other (either top or bottom of league) and the potential is there for either to win the 3 points which also TAKES away 3 points from the rival.
    So Blades v Brum cannot be a six pointer ( even though the 3 points is ***** to both teams) as they are competing at different ends of the table.
    Hope this clears up the confusion.
    Brought to you by clevergets.com.

I regret mentioning it now...

There's a lot on this game for both sides.

Definitely a must win game for us. When did we last win one of these?

Would love to be wrong though.

Quote Originally Posted by bladesince64 View Post
    Definitely a must win game for us. When did we last win one of these?

Would love to be wrong though.
    Boro,last week at BDBL.UTCB

every games a must win game for us now mind suppose 7pts could be enough but we would need other results in our favour so weve just got to take one game at a time and try and win each one personally cant see us getting more than 5 and that wont be enough

I've sort of given up already ........ its just too far fetched. If our goal difference was better, maybe, but its not. Just want us to finish the season on a high, which I think we can. Another season in the Championship won't kill us and will be more enjoyable than struggling in the Premiership IMHO.

Both teams need the win. A point suits them more than it does us and it would be a chuckle to see the Dingles relegated.
    That being said the playoffs aren’t gone yet so we need the win

It's a definite three pointer, but we'd probably settle for one

Quote Originally Posted by JJBlade View Post
    It's a definite three pointer, but we'd probably settle for one
    I don't think anyone at BDBL will look to settle for one point JJ.

What we get is another matter.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast