+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Pre-Match View From Birmingham

Pre-Match View From Birmingham

Yes, a goal from Che would be a sickener. But they all seem to think they need to go all out for the win and if they do, that will play right into our hands

Sounds like another lot from the 1980's, "Went out, had 12 pints, had a right scrap with this big bloke, knocked him aht, not a mark on me. Brilliant night.!"

Typical end of season 6 pointer. I think they've got just enough to stay up, I think we haven't quite got enough to go up.

Quote Originally Posted by FatherKnowsBest View Post
    Sounds like another lot from the 1980's, "Went out, had 12 pints, had a right scrap with this big bloke, knocked him aht, not a mark on me. Brilliant night.!"

Typical end of season 6 pointer. I think they've got just enough to stay up, I think we haven't quite got enough to go up.
    It's not a six pointer at all, as we're at opposite ends of the table. It's a must-win for both, but the traditional definition of the six pointer is where the teams are close together and a win for one team opens up the gap on their rivals:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Six-pointer

Quote Originally Posted by Carpe_diem View Post
    It's not a six pointer at all, as we're at opposite ends of the table. It's a must-win for both, but the traditional definition of the six pointer is where the teams are close together and a win for one team opens up the gap on their rivals:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Six-pointer
    Okay, Mr Technically-Correct. I use the term in the context that regardless of where we are in the league, they need the three points and we need the three points. 3 + 3 used to be 6 when I was at school. Has it changed since Brexit?

UTB

Okay, Mr Technically-Correct. I use the term in the context that regardless of where we are in the league, they need the three points and we need the three points. 3 + 3 used to be 6 when I was at school. Has it changed since Brexit?

UTB
    Sorry FKB but all you've done is correctly describe a regular league game! Carpe has it bang on. Only a six pointer if you and the opposition are competing for the same league positions.

Its just about a 3 point pointless game.

Quote Originally Posted by GuancheBlade View Post
    Sorry FKB but all you've done is correctly describe a regular league game! Carpe has it bang on. Only a six pointer if you and the opposition are competing for the same league positions.
    Okay, I give in. Did I tell you that 'technically correct' is the best kind of 'correct'?

Okay, I give in. Did I tell you that 'technically correct' is the best kind of 'correct'?
    Technically true

both teams need the 3 points so i think we all know what the result is gonna be dont we ?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast