+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Abandoned Dumfries Bard part 2

Abandoned Dumfries Bard part 2

First thread has been closed for whatever reason. I would have thought that the more varied content the better for the Mad site. No one has been targeted for abuse so don't see why. I have more on this subject so please don't close Admin.

I’m struggling to see why it was closed JR apart from a statement made by the admin himself

Quote “ Dumfries County Council is run by the SNP and Labour - need I say anymore “

Name:  20180419_124807.jpg
Views: 192
Size:  90.8 KB

Name:  20180419_124752.jpg
Views: 207
Size:  94.8 KB

Name:  20180419_124743.jpg
Views: 209
Size:  87.3 KB

Name:  20180419_124716.jpg
Views: 207
Size:  90.8 KB

These photos were taken today. This is looking into the building from English Street. The pictures are not too great because of the glare off the shop glass but I'm sure you get the idea of the state of this place. I was talking today to an ex council environmental officer and he told me an interesting fact regarding these dilapidated buildings. After being empty for 6 months, the owners of these buildings gets a rates rebate . Yes, unbelievably, they have no incentive to tidy them up at all. In fact the council has been known to do works if the building are a danger to the public and the owners ( many of them abroad) pay nothing. The owners just hang onto them hoping that one day some big company will buy the property off them.
    Last edited by JRSLEFTPEG; 19-04-2018 at 01:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JRSLEFTPEG View Post
    First thread has been closed for whatever reason. I would have thought that the more varied content the better for the Mad site. No one has been targeted for abuse so don't see why. I have more on this subject so please don't close Admin.
    I made (an albeit cloaked) reference to the Westminster government. I'd be curious as to the terms of the site with regard to political discussion. I assume it's a general Footymad thing? Can you advise Admin?

Quote Originally Posted by JRSLEFTPEG View Post
    The thread was closed down because derogatory remarks were made in reference to a political party.

Quote Originally Posted by QOS_MAD_ADMIN View Post
    The thread was closed down because derogatory remarks were made in reference to a political party.

A party that you just so happen to support by any chance ?

Why don’t you just remove the post rather than close a whole thread ?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)