+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rovers Vs Peterborough thread.

Rovers Vs Peterborough thread.

Raya
    Bennett Lenihan Mulgrew Williams
    Evans Smallwood
    Armstrong Dack Antonsson
    Graham

OK line up, but he still refuses to put Payne and Dack in the same 11. I don't agree with that and believe he misses a trick there.

Glad I didn't post at half time! Brilliant second half. Real gutsy stuff from the lads. 4 more points. So close now.

Got to my neighbour's house at 7 o'clock. (He is a legend). He'd recorded it, so I was watching with a 15 minute delay (which was good as I was able to FF at half-time).
    First 15 minutes good.
    Next 30 absolutely dire: nervous as kittens and generally passed to Peterborough! Deserved to be down.
    Second half: was it the same team? Much, much better.
    It just shows how much of the game is played in the head.
    Like you, Saxo, after 45, I was sure we were heading for a defeat.
    Williams provided a cameo of the whole match: poor in the first half; looked assured in the second.
    Four more points and we're there.

They held the ball in the corner for nearly 4 minutes at the end. Why o why didn't they do that at Bristol? Never mind.

Very disappointing attendance.
    I honestly thought there'd be 15,000+ at this one.

Rovers always got lower crowds for midweek games even in the premier league.

But..

Its obvious Venkys will have to achieve a lot more than promotion at this level for many fans to return.

Maybe, but there hasn't been a lot to cheer about in recent years, and this was a very big game in terms of our future.
    We got more for the Bury game in February, played on a Monday!

It is a shame because it disrespects what has been achieved by Tony and the lads this season.

The likes of sheff utd struggled for years to get out of this division with a healthy budget.

Well done lads, you've done the 'Come straight back up' achievement, I think that deserves a Gold or maybe even a Platinum trophy on the PS3 or PS4.
    All clubs talk about it and and hope for it when they come down from the Champship, but not many actually do manage to do it do they. And hey, if Rotherham end up winning the play offs, then that means ALL three teams have gone straight back up again, how often does that happen ?.
    Last edited by Acido; 19-04-2018 at 09:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    Well done lads, you've done the 'Come straight back up' achievement, I think that deserves a Gold or maybe even a Platinum trophy on the PS3 or PS4.
    All clubs talk about it and and hope for it when they come down from the Champship, but not many actually do manage to do it do they. And hey, if Rotherham end up winning the play offs, then that means ALL three teams have gone straight back up again, how often does that happen ?.
    Thanks, Acido. Best wishes for the Leeds game. Get Champs to the match. He'll bring you some luck!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)