+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Would anyone actually be bothered

Quote Originally Posted by hopelesslyoptimistic View Post
    It’s not just the ability of the players but their ability to gel/play with others which comes into play and how the coach/manager wants to play. there are also some who should be better next season for a year of getting to know the league.

in the list of those to keep Alioski, Saiz, Jansson, Forshaw, Vieira, Phillips, LDB, Ayling and Roofe (he has scored 13 goals this term). Hernandez I would let go not because he isn’t good but because it is too hard to have him Saiz and Alioski in the same team and his legs are not going to last for ever (and his wages are chunky).

I would also like to see Ekuban, Cibicki and Shaunessy kept. Roberts hasn’t played so needs to be given a chance as he is so highly rated.

Add to them the youngsters coming through and then add in a GK, CB, CM and ST and that should be a decent squad.

I think the one thing the team needs to develop is resilience and the ability to compete without the ball when it gets hard.

A key thing for next season is luck - Injuries , decisions on and off the field and the form of teams when we play them. sadly the one thing no one can guarantee.
    I think there is some consensus here, but just one comment, LET HERNANDEZ GO, ARE YOU INSANE?????. Keeping him gives variety to an attack that has all too often this season (and last, if truth be told) been one-dimensional (if it had dimension at all), he's 33 FFS, not in his dotage, is prime captaincy material, (as a fore-runner to Forshaw who could be VC for next season, providing continuity and spine where it's needed) and well worth offering a 2-year contract to IMHO.

Why you would keep Ekuban I have no idea, he's like a bigger Sacko (when he can be bothered) running fast quite a lot, but delivering nothing.

There are plenty of dross players to dispose of, but as said in other threads (and no apology for repeating here), we are saddled with lengthy contracts for players that no self-respecting Vanerama league club would want to take off our hands, never mind pay good money for. So, unless there is an intention to spend some of the £7.5m "windfall" recently announced on simply paying off these deadweights, the wage bill is unlikely to be reduced, and the transfer kitty will be consequently somewhat smaller (the squad is "too big, even by our owners reckoning).

And there's been no mention of Heckingbottom (I know, he's not a player, but he is a significant feature in the club, (for good or bad!). Question is, if he went, just who the f00k would want the job (Wenger? )

keep Ekuban, get rid of Hernandez. Mmmm............

nope, as I said in another post they can all fu_ck off for all I care they're all fu_cking useless cart horses.

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    I think there is some consensus here, but just one comment, LET HERNANDEZ GO, ARE YOU INSANE?????. Keeping him gives variety to an attack that has all too often this season (and last, if truth be told) been one-dimensional (if it had dimension at all), he's 33 FFS, not in his dotage, is prime captaincy material, (as a fore-runner to Forshaw who could be VC for next season, providing continuity and spine where it's needed) and well worth offering a 2-year contract to IMHO.

Why you would keep Ekuban I have no idea, he's like a bigger Sacko (when he can be bothered) running fast quite a lot, but delivering nothing.

There are plenty of dross players to dispose of, but as said in other threads (and no apology for repeating here), we are saddled with lengthy contracts for players that no self-respecting Vanerama league club would want to take off our hands, never mind pay good money for. So, unless there is an intention to spend some of the £7.5m "windfall" recently announced on simply paying off these deadweights, the wage bill is unlikely to be reduced, and the transfer kitty will be consequently somewhat smaller (the squad is "too big, even by our owners reckoning).

And there's been no mention of Heckingbottom (I know, he's not a player, but he is a significant feature in the club, (for good or bad!). Question is, if he went, just who the f00k would want the job (Wenger? )
    lol i can just see wenger, coming here after been at arsenal, and winning everything in sight for the last twenty odd years , what a culture shock that would be lol

i know he is a firm believer in not spending over the odds, and sticking to a firm stringent transfer policy, but even he would have his work cut out , trying to build a team here, on what radrizaani would be prepared to give him for players. lol

So as most fans agree on those 5 mentioned, that's rb, 1 cb, 1 cm, and 2 whatever they ares covered, I presume it would depend on what formation you play to accommodate both hernandez and Saiz in the same 11, but what positions are then required to make a top 6 quality 11? Gk lb and 1 cb are obvious, so that's 8 positions covered, an obvious goalscoring st is on the list, that's 9, so what other 2 positions do we focus on, do we go Xmas tree formation with a 4321? The 2 Spaniards behind the st, 2 CMs either side of forshaw or would it be 2 wingers or wide midfielders, when I say wide I don't mean like that gk for Sutton lol, you guys tell me!

Quote Originally Posted by CLIVETHELEEDSFAN View Post
    So as most fans agree on those 5 mentioned, that's rb, 1 cb, 1 cm, and 2 whatever they ares covered, I presume it would depend on what formation you play to accommodate both hernandez and Saiz in the same 11, but what positions are then required to make a top 6 quality 11? Gk lb and 1 cb are obvious, so that's 8 positions covered, an obvious goalscoring st is on the list, that's 9, so what other 2 positions do we focus on, do we go Xmas tree formation with a 4321? The 2 Spaniards behind the st, 2 CMs either side of forshaw or would it be 2 wingers or wide midfielders, when I say wide I don't mean like that gk for Sutton lol, you guys tell me!
    F00k knows Clive, but the truth is we need a significantly more sophistocated management than we have today, without which nothing will improve.

Quote Originally Posted by hopelesslyoptimistic View Post
    Hernandez I would let go not because he isn’t good ... (and his wages are chunky).
    Suppose it depends on what wage he is expecting to receive for a new contract. Its well documented that he is being managed due to injuries. We are not going to get a full season out of him and how many full games will he play next season? Agree that the current 1st 11is unbalanced with both Hernandez and Saiz starting, especially if they are playing centrally.

After saying all that, still prefer to have him in our squad than another championship team.

I also think Ekuban could come good. I remember player's like Beckford, Woods, McCormack struggling in their first season at the club too, just how much time do you give him, does he get sent out on loan?

Some players I think have the ability to adapt and the attitude to make themselves a success like Alioski and Ekuban (with some work) whereas the likes of Lassoga, Grot, Cibicki etc don't for me have the attitude to make it for a club like Leeds especially in the championship

Quote Originally Posted by LeedsFTW View Post
    Suppose it depends on what wage he is expecting to receive for a new contract. Its well documented that he is being managed due to injuries. We are not going to get a full season out of him and how many full games will he play next season? Agree that the current 1st 11is unbalanced with both Hernandez and Saiz starting, especially if they are playing centrally.

After saying all that, still prefer to have him in our squad than another championship team.

I also think Ekuban could come good. I remember player's like Beckford, Woods, McCormack struggling in their first season at the club too, just how much time do you give him, does he get sent out on loan?
    F00king b0ll0x!

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    F00king b0ll0x!
    That's a particularly disappointing response WTF, care to enlighten us as to why you feel that way?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)