+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Would anyone actually be bothered

Would anyone actually be bothered

About any particular player leaving this summer?

Most of us tend to agree on who our best players are, and then the rest get varied mixed opinion with a couple who most of us agree probably should leave this summer

I reckon most would say ayling jansson forshaw hernandez and Saiz would cause fans to be bothered if they left in terms of them being top 6 quality

You then keep all the u23 players on the basis they're young enough to improve

But it's the others over 23 who haven't already been mentioned who tend to get divided opinion

So go for it folks, who would you be bothered about losing this summer

Quote Originally Posted by CLIVETHELEEDSFAN View Post
    About any particular player leaving this summer?

Most of us tend to agree on who our best players are, and then the rest get varied mixed opinion with a couple who most of us agree probably should leave this summer

I reckon most would say ayling jansson forshaw hernandez and Saiz would cause fans to be bothered if they left in terms of them being top 6 quality

You then keep all the u23 players on the basis they're young enough to improve

But it's the others over 23 who haven't already been mentioned who tend to get divided opinion

So go for it folks, who would you be bothered about losing this summer
    most of this squad are dross, and want replacing , the only ones who have any ability , jansson saiz , ayling , forshaw. hernandez are the only ones worth keeping . the rest of them radrizaani would be hard pressed, to get any decent transfer fee for them. whatsoever.

the problem is we know that when these players do leave, they will be replaced with players with less ability . and will probably be as cheap as chips , while radrizaani will pocket millions by selling jansson / saiz or both .

its the same old story every season , a maximum wage of 15 grand a week wont stop any of these players from leaving.

if we cannot keep hernandez here, then the writing is on the wall for both jansson and saiz. going as well . its only a matter of time .

these players or their agents are not daft when it comes down to money , and realise they can double or treble their money, by simply signing for another club with far bigger budgets.
    Last edited by Marley past ghosts; 20-04-2018 at 12:56 AM.

Alioski and Berardi, and I'm guessing you're including BPF in the u23 group to be retained?

WTF you are correct regarding bpf as he is 21. Alioski and berardi are 2 who imo divide opinion but for me, I'd be keeping both of them as well

Blimey marley, even you agreed with the 5 I thought most fans would want to be kept/would be bothered if they left

Quote Originally Posted by CLIVETHELEEDSFAN View Post
    Blimey marley, even you agreed with the 5 I thought most fans would want to be kept/would be bothered if they left
    they are the only ones of any value clive , most fans can see that , the problem is i bet at least two, possibly three out of that five wont be here next season.

Who do you think will be? I'm guessing you'll say forshaw and ayling

Apart from the 3 or 4 young lads who played against villa. Fk the rest of them.

It’s not just the ability of the players but their ability to gel/play with others which comes into play and how the coach/manager wants to play. there are also some who should be better next season for a year of getting to know the league.

in the list of those to keep Alioski, Saiz, Jansson, Forshaw, Vieira, Phillips, LDB, Ayling and Roofe (he has scored 13 goals this term). Hernandez I would let go not because he isn’t good but because it is too hard to have him Saiz and Alioski in the same team and his legs are not going to last for ever (and his wages are chunky).

I would also like to see Ekuban, Cibicki and Shaunessy kept. Roberts hasn’t played so needs to be given a chance as he is so highly rated.

Add to them the youngsters coming through and then add in a GK, CB, CM and ST and that should be a decent squad.

I think the one thing the team needs to develop is resilience and the ability to compete without the ball when it gets hard.

A key thing for next season is luck - Injuries , decisions on and off the field and the form of teams when we play them. sadly the one thing no one can guarantee.

Quote Originally Posted by hopelesslyoptimistic View Post
    It’s not just the ability of the players but their ability to gel/play with others which comes into play and how the coach/manager wants to play. there are also some who should be better next season for a year of getting to know the league.

in the list of those to keep Alioski, Saiz, Jansson, Forshaw, Vieira, Phillips, LDB, Ayling and Roofe (he has scored 13 goals this term). Hernandez I would let go not because he isn’t good but because it is too hard to have him Saiz and Alioski in the same team and his legs are not going to last for ever (and his wages are chunky).

I would also like to see Ekuban, Cibicki and Shaunessy kept. Roberts hasn’t played so needs to be given a chance as he is so highly rated.

Add to them the youngsters coming through and then add in a GK, CB, CM and ST and that should be a decent squad.

I think the one thing the team needs to develop is resilience and the ability to compete without the ball when it gets hard.

A key thing for next season is luck - Injuries , decisions on and off the field and the form of teams when we play them. sadly the one thing no one can guarantee.

Mate, I can't say too much as I don't get to ALL the games like some phoneys do. I was though over for a couple of games Wendies and Bolton. I thought one of the lousiest players who looks lost was Ekuban, I'm no football know-it-all like our chosen one soiling this site but to me watching the games we seem to have lost our direction and composure (compared to the start of the season) No leaders and no cut and thrust. If we have a below par team you would think the easiest and most straightforward tactic is to get them to play not to lose and build from there. It's plain to see even from someone like me. It's been said on here from genuine fans that we look like a team who have never played together, that's how it looked at times to me. Manager, coaching......training ground. Needs to be seriously looked at.......and yes scouting.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)