+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: TBH Burnley not at the races last 3 games

TBH Burnley not at the races last 3 games

Leicester won the league then the relative collapse.

Was it because euphoria had set in or was it because they were sussed out?

When we play good attacking football with quick passes and getting players into the box we look very effective.

When we play the hoof ball game and isolate midfield from the forwards we look very average because we have no leg speed up front.

When we hack the ball away in defence and it just keeps coming back t us we look very vulnerable.

Nothing particular smart or clever in these observations.

So why isn't it patently obvious to SD and the team on the park?

It's not like we pay the top 6 teams every week.

We were crap against Leicester for around 70 mins ffs.

the Watford game likewise.

It seems to be a pattern we have slipped into and it doesn't inspire confidence.

I await the Stoke game with great interest and not a little concern.

Can't we now, at least, play with freedom and attacking flair?

If not now--when?

The EPL outside the top six is pretty much dog eat dog.

SD has managed to come out on top of the fine margins because of the team spirit and resolute mentality.

Chelsea made six changes last night and all six are full internationals.

Conte still had Willan, Fabregas and Hazard on the bench.

Morata and Giroud posed a different sort of threat to Long and Tarkowski and they simply could not cope.

A nett spend of £40,000.000 against a billion quidsworth of squad value shows the huge gulf in financial power.

We are still SEVENTH and I slept well last night!

Yes, although we were second best last night I am not too disappointed.

We have to remember that we were playing a very good and well motivated Chelsea last night.

Funny that we have only taken one point from the Big Six at home - it just shows how well we have done against the rest.

Last night was crying out for a Brady and a Defour...but they will be back next season.

No finger pointing from me!

I love not being at the races for three games and getting 6 points out of them.
    We are what we are and we play to our strengths with the players that we have on the field and I won't complain about that. We have had three of our big signings missing for a third of the season and are in 7th place and even last night, although Chelsea played some good stuff, they were very lucky with the opening goal but that evened itself out with our equaliser.
    Had we consolidated for about 10 minutes after the goal I think that we would have drawn, however, they sneaked the ball across the box and scored the winner which they deserved.
    Stoke are fiighting for their survival so we know that that is going to be a hard game -----the reality is ----thay all are!

Definitely Defour 59/60 he wouldn’t have give them the ball back as much we would have retained the ball better.

I am massively disappointed. It was the only chance I had to get to a game all season and they go and throw in one of the worst performances of the season. Useless tools.

Good night though other than the performance.

Lets face it,we can't win every game..Lets face it our goal was a bit fortunate.. Let's face it our season has been unbelievable..Lets face it we could be in Europe pretty soon..Lets face it we are still in seventh heaven..Lets face it we will be banking another 120 million pounds..lets face it the mods on here are cnuts..

Well said Alf!

That Alto chap really is bollox!

was during the Great Depression....the country needed hope - a David conquering Goliath....for the little man come good....so did War Admital give Sea Biscuit the win....I think so - but did football need the Lester little man to grow a PL title....maybe - so play our cards right, and with right amount of give and take - it could soon be Burnley raising the cup.

Sea Biscuit the film .A great watch if anybody hasn't seen it

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)