+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: TBH Burnley not at the races last 3 games

Every time I hear fans say they'd like more attacking football, more goals, more entertainment, it reminds me of my Blackburn Rovers supporting neighbour. When Allardyce was manager he came home every other Saturday moaning about the dross he was watching, he wasn't interested in the mid-table PL security that Sam guaranteed, he wanted entertaining football and Sam wasn't providing it. On the day he got his wish and Sam was out, he was a very happy supporter, all smiles and clenched fist. Now he supports a Division One team. Be careful what you wish for I say.

Quote Originally Posted by 1959_60 View Post
    Great post Supersub. I agree with all of that.
    Same from me.

Pretty much nails it as far as I am concerned Supersub6 but I can tell you this, half a dozen of our away performances this season have been the best I have ever seen from any Burnley team, EVER.

What is remarkable and not IMHO appreciated enough, is how SD has turned us around from being everybody's visiting whipping boys to a team who you know are going to give you one hell of a game!

This season's away days have been a fantastic treat for me and my son and I we are counting the days to May 6th!

Everything you have said is common knowledge Sub, with the quote to blueheeler about not bothering though is a bit deep, he follows the Clarets because they are his team and however bad it gets I'd guess he'd still follow them to the end of the earth like most of us.

Yes things can take a lot of time to bear fruit, but most of you seem to miss my point, I don't expect creative Football, constant attacking Football or being able to compete with the top six.

Its below par performances from individuals or even the whole team of which there have been many this season regardless of constant echo's of 7th place, and again some of those poor displays have been with both Brady and D4 in the team.

Again I would not mind as much if we get hammered 6-0, as long as we played to our capacity which has been lacking in a lot of games this season.

Fair comment alto and I apologise to blueheeler because I really was talking generally about not going if it is causing grief.
    I have watched us play more than half our games this season and have not once come away feeling that the players gave less than 100% ---even though we may not have played well.

I'm afraid that I have been on too many times when we have played to our capacity and got stuffed ---they were very sad days and almost saw us disappear from League football, hence I am happy with our current position, however, I respect the fact that it is not pleasing quite a number of fans.

- as has happened in a number of games this season....we can look the part...especially when we build from the back and fluidly string the passes together - but only if we're given plenty of time and space to play that way - which I think, comes back to shortcomings in the lions share of PL teams - where the standard, at this level, is found seriously wanting. Problem then is - doesn't take much of an improvement in quality for us to be nonplussed by the opposition - because if that's a time when we most need to lift our game, but can't - it's perhaps because, we dont have the key players to do it at this level.
    Could say, if there's five gears of football....we reach no more than 3rd - it's a leaden and unexciting ride, so no need to call on quickness or surprise, as is of no great skill required to drive along - even on a slippy piece of road...with plenty of grip at the back - it'll do just enough to get you home.
    Can't complain, we've done ok just plodding along - and though it hasn't been a thrilling ride - it can continue to work for us - that is, just as long as those others dont find that extra momentum.....which in a way, I hope they do - it'll force us away from the middling - one way or the other.

I’d like to my 2 cents worth from afar. I had the pleasure of seeing our beloved Clarets in our halcyon days when we were a powerhouse. After leaving for the Colonies I followed our lads the best I could for quite a while, getting results was like ‘pulling teeth’, consequently interest dwindled. Thank God I missed the rapid decline to near oblivion. Fast forward a couple of decades and the dawn of the internet and increased popularity of televised footy on our telly. To follow our miraculous initial return to the PL via a Wembley win was, in my book, nothing short of incredible. Like the Phoenix, we rose from the dead.

Admittedly many of our performances under the Dyche regime could be said to be dire. However, the man has produced results, which is the bottom line. Enjoy this ride, I for one will cherish the ride for as long as it lasts.

I hear we have a new shirt sponsor.

Old Father Time.

.....................................Perfect !

Norder-- you may mock, however, you can never take away the experience of what we oldies have lived through. Time is a great healer ---except when you are a Claret supporter ---it will age you if you let it, however, it is only a game at the end of the day and I never lose sight of that fact.

Quote Originally Posted by Supersub6 View Post
    Norder-- you may mock, however, you can never take away the experience of what we oldies have lived through. Time is a great healer ---except when you are a Claret supporter ---it will age you if you let it, however, it is only a game at the end of the day and I never lose sight of that fact.

I learnt it from young.....Sub - no seeing the years rush over me like they did my father and grandfather - them driving us back over the moors, when no matter what...i'd always have a couple of opal fruits saved for the trip home...and if we won, all the better - with all the happy chat going on - it meant I'd get to draw more pictures on the fogged up windows....those quiet journeys home were miserable - they'd've been chuffed to see us now I know.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)