+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Which players do we rest...

Which players do we rest...

...for the play offs assuming we now get there. I accept we still need to have some momentum but we also need to be firing on all cylinders in the play offs. I would be tempted to rest key players like towell, smith and emmanuel one at a time. I would rotate all the wingers for the last few league games. Bob's ya bloody uncle and all that!

... Oh and also rest the old man that is Mr wood...

Quote Originally Posted by rolymiller View Post
    Would agree with resting wood but I bet that will take some doing, cant see him wanting to be left out hes enjoying his football too much

Quote Originally Posted by rolymiller View Post
    None! Flog them all to death to get us over that line!!! We can always buy more in the closed season!!!!

Seriously the big question is going to be whether we play 4-4-2 or 4-5-1.

451 away 442 at home ?

Each of the players have missed a game over last 6 weeks or so apart from Vaulks and Rodāk who was on international duty and played.

Emmanuel was replaced by Vaulks
    Purrington has just come in and Mattock will be fresh if he comes back
    Wood was replaced by Vaulks
    Icky has just come into the side and Ajayi has had a rest now
    Towell had a weeks rest
    Palmer is only 14 so he shouldn't need a rest plus he's only just cemented his place
    Taylor has just come back from injury
    Forde is on a rest because Taylor is now ahead of him
    Newell is being rested because of his injury
    Williams has just come back into the team
    Ball is ont bench so is rested
    Ball!!! Well he's played every match and we don't have anyone who can take his role in either formation.

We're all good!!!

We haven't got a reliable replacement for the full backs (until Mattock is fit) or for a "target man" centre forward (until Proctor is fit). The wingers get rotated a bit anyway. Probably a bit more scope for resting players if we don't play 4-5-1.

Win next match then send main squad on a training camp from hell like we did in pre season for a week then rest em for a few days then train for last home game and bobs ya uncle extra training rested players.

However this would mean sending reserves to play Plymouth. I don’t think warne should risk main squad to a possible play off rival anyway

@silly-miller
    "However this would mean sending reserves to play Plymouth". I can see some logic in this but from a personal point of view it would be a disaster. I have bought tickets for me and Mrs LM as well as for my daughter and grandson who live near Plymouth. I've been boasting about how good we are and how we will easily beat my grandson's Pilgrim team. Please, Mr Warne, put out a team to beat Plymouth or I shall have to suffer his taunts for ever. (Or at least until we beat them in the playoffs).

LOL lol lets settle for beating em in the play offs assuming we don't have to beat em to get there in the first place!
    Last edited by rolymiller; 20-04-2018 at 09:11 AM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast