+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Which players do we rest...

Once we have secured a 4th place spot because we want the 2nd leg at home then i would like us to try young Ben Wiles in midfield to see what he's like. Maybe rest Wood, Emmanuel, Vaulks, Towell and Smith and rotate the wingers because each and everyone of those could start in the playoffs.

Providing we have secured 4th place then this is the team i would go with against Blackpool.

Rodak
    Cummings, Ihiekwe, Ajayi, Purrington
    Williams, Wiles, Potter, Newell
    Ball
    Lavery

I was just going to mention a couple but then maybe it’s best to keep them going with probably taking them off 15/20 mins in 2nd half

Some players might find it hard to get that momentum back, who knows but I’d like to see Newell and Mattock in side at Wembley

I can't see Warne resting many players.
    I just want him to pick the best team to beat whoever we are playing and I'm pretty sure that's what he'll do right up to the end of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by mellowmiller View Post
    I can't see Warne resting many players.
    I just want him to pick the best team to beat whoever we are playing and I'm pretty sure that's what he'll do right up to the end of the season.
    It’s hard to pick the best players when JCH isn’t here

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    It’s hard to pick the best players when JCH isn’t here
    Naughty 😁

We seem to be forgetting that the team we put out/performance we put in at Plymouth could have a big impact as to whether they make the playoffs or not. The FA and other contenders may have something to say if we just roll over. Also beating them might mean we get a more preferred opposition, if we have one.

Reasonable points Camiller.

Warney has just been on Radio DeeDah - said Mattock and Potter are fit, but he was pessimistic about Proctor's chances of appearing before the end of the season.... so at least a bit more possibility of rotating the players if needed? (A pity about Proctor though)
    Last edited by mikemiller; 20-04-2018 at 06:09 PM.

More reason to rest Smithy then if we only have one big lad up front on our books.

We should rest:-

Rodaky
    Emmanuelly
    Woody
    Ihiekwey
    Purringtony
    Towelly
    Vaulksey
    Palmery
    Tayls
    Fordey
    Smithy