+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Which players do we rest...

Quote Originally Posted by Lol's mate View Post
    @silly-miller
    "However this would mean sending reserves to play Plymouth". I can see some logic in this but from a personal point of view it would be a disaster. I have bought tickets for me and Mrs LM as well as for my daughter and grandson who live near Plymouth. I've been boasting about how good we are and how we will easily beat my grandson's Pilgrim team. Please, Mr Warne, put out a team to beat Plymouth or I shall have to suffer his taunts for ever. (Or at least until we beat them in the playoffs).
    That’s thing though do you play them in a league game with nothing to play for possible injuries and let them learn our moves or do you test the young ones train main squad and give them a whooping in play offs?

Personally I’d sacrifice the league game

Quote Originally Posted by millers88 View Post
    Once we have secured a 4th place spot because we want the 2nd leg at home then i would like us to try young Ben Wiles in midfield to see what he's like. Maybe rest Wood, Emmanuel, Vaulks, Towell and Smith and rotate the wingers because each and everyone of those could start in the playoffs.

Providing we have secured 4th place then this is the team i would go with against Blackpool.

Rodak
    Cummings, Ihiekwe, Ajayi, Purrington
    Williams, Wiles, Potter, Newell
    Ball
    Lavery

Price
    Cummings, Ihiekwe, Purrington
    Wiles Yates potter Ajayi ball
    Proctor lavery

Just keep rotating the same 15 players we have used over the past few weeks. Thing I would do is work on the best fullbacks/wingers partnerships.
    Purrington works well with Williams,. Mattock works with Newell. Emmanuel works well with forde.

A bit early but if we do get Charlton in the playoffs I'm hoping warne doesn't go with 451 (home or away). He's tried it twice and it's not worked..

Quote Originally Posted by Silly-miller View Post
    Price
    Cummings, Ihiekwe, Purrington
    Wiles Yates potter Ajayi ball
    Proctor lavery
    Proctor is unlikely to play this season according to Paul Warne today.
    Please don't let Cummings get in the team, he's a liability.

Quote Originally Posted by caytonmiller View Post
    Just keep rotating the same 15 players we have used over the past few weeks. Thing I would do is work on the best fullbacks/wingers partnerships.
    Purrington works well with Williams,. Mattock works with Newell. Emmanuel works well with forde.

A bit early but if we do get Charlton in the playoffs I'm hoping warne doesn't go with 451 (home or away). He's tried it twice and it's not worked..
    Agree with this.

I don’t think we will see much of a change, perhaps Yates, Taylor and Williams will be getting more game time than they have had recently.

One danger though is the chance that individual players might back off a bit so as to avoid injury or yellow/red cards that might rule them out of a possible Wembley appearance.

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    We seem to be forgetting that the team we put out/performance we put in at Plymouth could have a big impact as to whether they make the playoffs or not. The FA and other contenders may have something to say if we just roll over. Also beating them might mean we get a more preferred opposition, if we have one.
    So long as the players we use are registered first team players which they are then the FA cannot say a word. How you plan going forward is nobodys business but ours. Get the point of stopping Plymouth qualifying though as it may well come back to bite us on the Harris.

Quote Originally Posted by millers88 View Post
    Once we have secured a 4th place spot because we want the 2nd leg at home then i would like us to try young Ben Wiles in midfield to see what he's like. Maybe rest Wood, Emmanuel, Vaulks, Towell and Smith and rotate the wingers because each and everyone of those could start in the playoffs.

Providing we have secured 4th place then this is the team i would go with against Blackpool.

Rodak
    Cummings, Ihiekwe, Ajayi, Purrington
    Williams, Wiles, Potter, Newell
    Ball
    Lavery

Looking at that team what if Ball and Lavery work wonders together and smash the goals in, what team does Warne pick then going forward?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123