+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Should we stick only to football..?

.....whether it's sport or politics the monarchy or dandelion wine making - we each have our opinions and if brought to view in the forum - then they're open to be discussed/debated or - ignored etc....it's an open forum, where were free to politely express our opinions, there's no restriction - and if for some reason one takes big umbrage on some issue -then the best way to reach an ideal arrangement would perhaps be to just click off, or go to another thread or take a break etc - because otherwise you could just get yourself in a tizzy sweat, obsessing with some old ideology that seeks influence on emotional level - maybe ending with an ultimatum or some other narcissistic form of control.

All good- have no problems with anyone - why should I.....we're all Burnley FC - and that's why i'm here.

Quote Originally Posted by oldcolner View Post
    I don’t think it helps for the moderator who I thought was to provide for balance, to play a leading role in some of these, maybe you should ask Football mad for their thoughts. I doubt new members will be attracted by the politics. Few seem to stay around for long.
    I class myself as one of a group of many posters on here who is no better than anyone, maybe a lot worse but not better, I join threads I feel I can contribute to, or to make my own point, or have a laugh with.

What sort of balance do you mean Colner ? is it that I should not join in in too many of the same topic threads ? or do I lump all discussions of the same topic on one long thread ? I tried that with the transfer window but a few including yourself kept doing new ones so I discontinued it for the benefit of a few.

As for "a leading role", I am only here in the Mod capacity for when the schite really hits the fan, you may think that I am lapse or don't give a toss, but I do, and the one thing I don't intend doing is to sound bossy, overbearing and be censoring posts every 10 minutes like the old guard used to do.

There is a special Moderating Forum that only Mods can log onto, and I hear FootyMad are pleased that ClaretsMad does not need much if any Moderating.

You are right, the "Match thread" can be a lonely place sometimes with not many folk contributing, "Today's other games" gets only a few replies now and then, and as for the "Word Of The Day" thread, I doubt anyone looks at it much, but it breaks the board up, I'm like you Colner, I take time and effort to try and keep the Forum ticking over, I don't get paid a penny for doing it, although some folk think I do.

I believe, even though we are sparse, we have something special here, just like this post I write, its good we can converse with each other when things don't appear as clear as it should be.

Alto
    I wasn’t aiming at you at all, I thought you were one of two administrators so sorry for that. You behave impeccably.
    I thought there was the only one moderator and I think he has admitted he can go OTT whenever Tories May Jeremy Russia etc get mentioned. I enjoy the banter on here too and the many original points that come from a diverse and widely distributed membership. Where it gets tiresome is when the site moves almost entirely away from football to politics.
    I never suggested the site should be football only by the way, there are lots of other things we have seen posted and contributed to on here, but our prime aim surely has to be football and what is going on at Burnley, and wider football arena and helping each other. Or am I wrong?

I knew you meant me OC and that's why I post under the name of the Bedlington Terrier.

I deliberately allowed myself to enjoy the debates free from restraint by being regarded as just "another CT" who was accused by many of autocracy and mini-dictatorship when he had the responsibility of running Clarets Mad.

For the serious stuff, the reports, the articles, BT has an alter ego TEC (The Editor's Chair) who does not post, stays in the background and allows BT to join in the fun!

Just to explain the method behind your perceived Clarets Madness. There now exists about six unofficial, fairly serious separate sites/forums for Burnley Football Club but they all to my mind replicate each other.

TEC had major discussions with the four moderators who got together following CT's abandonment of Clarets Mad and now only Alto and BT remain.

Our original idea was to allow fairly open debate free from moderation and just let the site flow and grow back from ground zero following the departure of more than 1000 members.

Two moderators took objection to two separate bans imposed solely by TEC from posters who I still believe had hidden agendas and were just stirring trouble up on our forum to suit outside agencies.

The last twelve months has seen Clarets Mad remain in business, the numbers are steady if not spectacular but we are almost now totally free from nasty, acrimonious posts and threads.

TEC in an editorial role refuses to try and replicate anything that is offered elsewhere. What is the point of that?

TEC is in constant communication with DSG and they are 100% happy with how the site is run. If I recall correctly you were given your own access to publish articles free from restraint? That option is still open which sort of proves the worth in which your acumen and contributions are held.

To summarise, this site is NOT the royal prerogative of one person. Alto (who does a fantastic job IMHO) moderates in a totally relaxed manner. He reminds me of an old Labrador we once had, he seems to sleep a lot but always has one eye on things!

BT is a left wing radical, Burnley mad, match attending, hard drinking lunatic and not really the sort of person you want in the Editor's Chair of a well run unofficial Clarets fan forum.

That what TEC is for!

TEC asked me to remind that you have the key to a typewriter and open access to this board. If you want to contribute football only subject matter that is 100% fine by him.

Can you in all honesty ask fairer than that?

Quote Originally Posted by Supersub6 View Post
    If I may just give my views.I absolutely love the politics on here----it is pure comedy,
    Bloody hell Ss, you've noticed and given the game away !! Couldn't you have just kept quiet, it's like in showbiz, deep down all comedians want to be taken seriously.

BT
    No, I can’t, I appreciate all you have done to keep the site viable in both of your identities and the help you have given me in the past.
    Unsure if I can or could do it but I don’t want to publish articles on my own thanks. I have found in my past that it’s not possible to be a producer of material and a quality controller of that. (Or a referee and a player at the same time)
    The tag says BT is a moderator and if that is the case I suggest he should be moderate in what he says and does. Maybe you need a third identity to post the radical or abusive stuff! and Alto should keep him in check.
    Now about your other identities, how many more are there? - Businessman, Momentum activist, Labour.
    Just wondering have you seen a doctor? Lol

OC please send your articles to TEC, you know the drill.

I promise on his behalf to edit them and publish them on receipt of copy.

All football related of course.

It's hard being a schizophrenic you know!

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    Bloody hell Ss, you've noticed and given the game away !! Couldn't you have just kept quiet, it's like in showbiz, deep down all comedians want to be taken seriously.
    Aye, you certainly make me laugh sinkov! I get my mates round from the local CLP once a week, this is how we usually end up after reading your threads...

Attachment 9216

Nay ! they look like some of Hamas and Hizbullah to me after just hearing Corbyn use the term ''our friends''!

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Aye, you certainly make me laugh sinkov! I get my mates round from the local CLP once a week, this is how we usually end up after reading your threads...

Attachment 9216
    That would be after you've finished rooting out the anti-semites in your CLP then, must make for a long night.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)