Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 29

Thread: Mitrovic

  1. #1

    Mitrovic

    Has proven he has the quality, albeit in a lower league. In my opinion, Mitrovic is one of the few cases where I've disagreed with Rafa. I think he should've seen more game time earlier in the season, especially when it was clear that Gayle and Joselu couldn't get a goal to save their lives.

    The question; would you have him back for next season? I'm sure he'd demand being the main striker.

    I suppose if Rafa doesn't rate him, there's no point in hanging onto him.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Trimdon station.
    Posts
    3,676
    I'd have Mitrovic back in a heartbeat as long as he was played to his strengths.

  3. #3
    I like Mitrovic. But he is a poor man's Slimani. The latter is a monster and should he get match fit, he looks a frightening prospect.

    He would be the best Air Force One in the team since we had a younger Carroll.

    I'd pay the £25m (or whatever) for Slimani and sell Mitrovic for £10m if we could get it.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by trinitoon View Post
    I like Mitrovic. But he is a poor man's Slimani. The latter is a monster and should he get match fit, he looks a frightening prospect.

    He would be the best Air Force One in the team since we had a younger Carroll.

    I'd pay the £25m (or whatever) for Slimani and sell Mitrovic for £10m if we could get it.
    He's a sick note like Carroll, that's for sure. Wouldn't pay 25mil for that.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by HughieG View Post
    He's a sick note like Carroll, that's for sure. Wouldn't pay 25mil for that.
    From 2012 to Jan 2017 he missed 14 games through injury,ahem how many did Carroll miss in said time?

  6. #6
    He's been injured for us but prior to that he hadn't.

    I rate Mitro and would happily have him back but i trust Rafa's judgement more, therefore i'm happy if we decide to cash in.

  7. #7
    I rate him and wish rafa did too. He's not good enough to build a team around however, so if he doesn't fit into rafa's plan(obviously he doesnt) then sadly he has to leave. The little I've seen of slimani suggests he can lead the line very well in this current set up!

  8. #8
    JUst scored against sunderland to make it 2-1 LOL looked similar to the one he scored against them for us hahaha

  9. #9
    He's scored in about 14 consecutive games i think i read on BBC.

    He's on 13 goals down there now

    I still think he could make it here but I'd rather Rafa over Mitro, so if necessary bye bye Mitro.

  10. #10
    How many good games did Mitrovic have for us.What are his strengths that Rafa can't see.One reason why he isn't playing here and that's his temperament.Last week he layed Cahill out off the ball.Thats why Rafa loaned him out.Here the press and Sky picked up on things like that.Down there he has got away with it.We couldn't afford to be in games down to 10 men.
    Before anyone thinks I don't like Mitro,I do.Would love him to succeed here.Even more of a hero now he has scored against the unwashed tonight.
    As for putting him against Gayle and Joselu,I agree totally.Mitro is in a different league.Sort your temperament out Mitro and you will be a decent player for us.

  11. #11
    14 goals in 14 games for him now.

    That is 70% of his 20 goal target.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Geordie1974 View Post
    How many good games did Mitrovic have for us.What are his strengths that Rafa can't see.One reason why he isn't playing here and that's his temperament.Last week he layed Cahill out off the ball.Thats why Rafa loaned him out.Here the press and Sky picked up on things like that.Down there he has got away with it.We couldn't afford to be in games down to 10 men.
    Before anyone thinks I don't like Mitro,I do.Would love him to succeed here.Even more of a hero now he has scored against the unwashed tonight.
    As for putting him against Gayle and Joselu,I agree totally.Mitro is in a different league.Sort your temperament out Mitro and you will be a decent player for us.


    while i do agree im glad Mitro flattened that dirty kunt Cahill

  13. #13
    I watched tonights game which again convinced me that he has found his level.He is a very good Championship striker but no higher.My hope is that Fulham are promoted & have the funds to buy him at around £20m. Thanks Mitro for piling more agony on the unwashed but au revoir !!!!

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by jacapus View Post
    I watched tonights game which again convinced me that he has found his level.He is a very good Championship striker but no higher.My hope is that Fulham are promoted & have the funds to buy him at around £20m. Thanks Mitro for piling more agony on the unwashed but au revoir !!!!
    I do like Mitrovic, but for all it's worth it's probably a good you're making here. Gayle also had a great goalscoring record in the fizzy, but struggles at top level. Mitro, a level above Gayle as I genuinely think he is, might experience the same. If Fulham gets promoted and sign him permanently, we'll all see what could've been, good or bad.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Trimdon station.
    Posts
    3,676
    Quote Originally Posted by jacapus View Post
    I watched tonights game which again convinced me that he has found his level.He is a very good Championship striker but no higher.My hope is that Fulham are promoted & have the funds to buy him at around £20m. Thanks Mitro for piling more agony on the unwashed but au revoir !!!!
    I disagree.
    I think Mitrovic has a lot more to offer a top team that's willing to use a target man like him.
    No way is he only championship standard.

    The proof will be in the pudding at the end of the season, because I'd wager my last penny on him never playing championship football after the end of this season even if Fulham do not manage to get promoted.

    If he's found his level as you and other say then no higher level football club should see anything other than that and therefore refuse to buy him.
    I have a feeling there'll be queues for his signature and I don't mean from teams below the top tier of any league.


    But....we'll see.
    Last edited by ghostrider; 28-04-2018 at 08:18 AM.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by jacapus View Post
    I watched tonights game which again convinced me that he has found his level.He is a very good Championship striker but no higher.My hope is that Fulham are promoted & have the funds to buy him at around £20m. Thanks Mitro for piling more agony on the unwashed but au revoir !!!!
    Exactly!

    May as well just keep Gayle and play him, as he had just as good a record in the second tier.

    I like Mitro, but it’s Rafa’s choice and I can understand it.

    Maybe Mitro will prove him wrong if he moves to Fulham if they come up, good luck to him if that happens, but we’re gonna end up moving forward with a striker Rafa thinks suits his team/tactics.

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Nufcian View Post
    Exactly!

    May as well just keep Gayle and play him, as he had just as good a record in the second tier.

    I like Mitro, but it’s Rafa’s choice and I can understand it.

    Maybe Mitro will prove him wrong if he moves to Fulham if they come up, good luck to him if that happens, but we’re gonna end up moving forward with a striker Rafa thinks suits his team/tactics.
    Aye, this.

    Every goal is a few quid extra on his price when we inevitably sell him. Like Ian, I like him and I'd love to see him succeed here-not least because he feels the same way about us (and, for me at least, that counts for something)-but he's clearly not in Rafa's plans.

    If Joselu makes it onto the pitch before you , you know your manager doesn't fancy you.

  18. #18
    A young, in form, scoring international and club striker. An expensive commodity today worth at least 25 to 30 million IMO. I think at the right club with the right support and formation he could be 10 to 15 goal a season man in the PL which could potentially suit Fulham. I think we need something better - a more rounded player and think Rafa is spot on. Good luck to him whatever happens though.

  19. #19
    If Rafa can bring in a 15+ goals-striker for his system, I don't mind if Mitrovic "proves him wrong" at Fulham.

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by HughieG View Post
    If Rafa can bring in a 15+ goals-striker for his system, I don't mind if Mitrovic "proves him wrong" at Fulham.
    Aye.

    Some players work in some systems and some don't. Fact of life.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •