+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Mitrovic

14 goals in 14 games for him now.

That is 70% of his 20 goal target.

Quote Originally Posted by Geordie1974 View Post
    How many good games did Mitrovic have for us.What are his strengths that Rafa can't see.One reason why he isn't playing here and that's his temperament.Last week he layed Cahill out off the ball.Thats why Rafa loaned him out.Here the press and Sky picked up on things like that.Down there he has got away with it.We couldn't afford to be in games down to 10 men.
    Before anyone thinks I don't like Mitro,I do.Would love him to succeed here.Even more of a hero now he has scored against the unwashed tonight.
    As for putting him against Gayle and Joselu,I agree totally.Mitro is in a different league.Sort your temperament out Mitro and you will be a decent player for us.

while i do agree im glad Mitro flattened that dirty kunt Cahill

I watched tonights game which again convinced me that he has found his level.He is a very good Championship striker but no higher.My hope is that Fulham are promoted & have the funds to buy him at around £20m. Thanks Mitro for piling more agony on the unwashed but au revoir !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jacapus View Post
    I watched tonights game which again convinced me that he has found his level.He is a very good Championship striker but no higher.My hope is that Fulham are promoted & have the funds to buy him at around £20m. Thanks Mitro for piling more agony on the unwashed but au revoir !!!!
    I do like Mitrovic, but for all it's worth it's probably a good you're making here. Gayle also had a great goalscoring record in the fizzy, but struggles at top level. Mitro, a level above Gayle as I genuinely think he is, might experience the same. If Fulham gets promoted and sign him permanently, we'll all see what could've been, good or bad.

I disagree.
    I think Mitrovic has a lot more to offer a top team that's willing to use a target man like him.
    No way is he only championship standard.

The proof will be in the pudding at the end of the season, because I'd wager my last penny on him never playing championship football after the end of this season even if Fulham do not manage to get promoted.

If he's found his level as you and other say then no higher level football club should see anything other than that and therefore refuse to buy him.
    I have a feeling there'll be queues for his signature and I don't mean from teams below the top tier of any league.

But....we'll see.
    Last edited by ghostrider; 28-04-2018 at 08:18 AM.

Exactly!

May as well just keep Gayle and play him, as he had just as good a record in the second tier.

I like Mitro, but it’s Rafa’s choice and I can understand it.

Maybe Mitro will prove him wrong if he moves to Fulham if they come up, good luck to him if that happens, but we’re gonna end up moving forward with a striker Rafa thinks suits his team/tactics.

Quote Originally Posted by Nufcian View Post
    Exactly!

May as well just keep Gayle and play him, as he had just as good a record in the second tier.

I like Mitro, but it’s Rafa’s choice and I can understand it.

Maybe Mitro will prove him wrong if he moves to Fulham if they come up, good luck to him if that happens, but we’re gonna end up moving forward with a striker Rafa thinks suits his team/tactics.
    Aye, this.

Every goal is a few quid extra on his price when we inevitably sell him. Like Ian, I like him and I'd love to see him succeed here-not least because he feels the same way about us (and, for me at least, that counts for something)-but he's clearly not in Rafa's plans.

If Joselu makes it onto the pitch before you , you know your manager doesn't fancy you.

A young, in form, scoring international and club striker. An expensive commodity today worth at least 25 to 30 million IMO. I think at the right club with the right support and formation he could be 10 to 15 goal a season man in the PL which could potentially suit Fulham. I think we need something better - a more rounded player and think Rafa is spot on. Good luck to him whatever happens though.

If Rafa can bring in a 15+ goals-striker for his system, I don't mind if Mitrovic "proves him wrong" at Fulham.

Quote Originally Posted by HughieG View Post
    If Rafa can bring in a 15+ goals-striker for his system, I don't mind if Mitrovic "proves him wrong" at Fulham.
    Aye.

Some players work in some systems and some don't. Fact of life.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)