+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Mbemba

Mbemba

Has he disappeared from the face of the earth?

I'm not complaining about the current state our starting defence at all, just wonder what's happened to him. He's a good defender IMO, would get into a lot of sides in this league.

Our back line has gelled so well it's difficult for him to force his way in. I agree, generally he's been a good player for the team

Would keep him.

I've always had an idea to have him as a holding DM. You wouldn't to have to get past him to them get crunched by Lascelles.

Plus, as sure as night follows day, we will have a CB injury crisis next season so I'd keep him. Dummett still fills me with dread at LB. And Yedlin is a makeshift RB, isn't he....

There are bigger holes to fill than looking to make one and find ourselves having to fill it by getting rid of him.

....Bench.

I'd keep him as well.

However, i suspect he'll be sold in summer.

I have a feeling he'll be moving on, assuming we don't lose Lascelles or Lejeune.
    I always liked Mbemba but his chances have been severely limited and I can't see him wanting to sit out another season.

You win some you lose some and soldier on.

I would keep him I would rather shift on Clark

Quote Originally Posted by trinitoon View Post
    Would keep him.

I've always had an idea to have him as a holding DM. You wouldn't to have to get past him to them get crunched by Lascelles.

Plus, as sure as night follows day, we will have a CB injury crisis next season so I'd keep him. Dummett still fills me with dread at LB. And Yedlin is a makeshift RB, isn't he...

There are bigger holes to fill than looking to make one and find ourselves having to fill it by getting rid of him.

....Bench.
    What’s that about Dummett? You must be joking aren’t you? Since he came back into the team the back line is much more solid. He never gets ‘run’ by any winger, is an excellent tackler, is good on the air and is clearly one of Rafa’s first names on the team sheet. Oh and he’s one of us. Aye he ain’t great going forward but that isn’t his job - bit like saying Gayle is crap at defending.

The lad has surprised a lot of Newcastle fans this season who questioned him, and he’s now getting the plaudits he deserves. Listen to John Anderson on radio Newcastle and hear what he thinks of him. The lad is a quality defender, aye he ain’t Maldini (how many have been), but there isn’t a left back in the prem I would have ahead of him in our shirt.

Dummett, in fairness, has come on massively this season.

Mbemba is a good defender but there's a rabbit off with him and Rafa and he'll be off.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)