+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Gooner is a Gonner

Gooner is a Gonner

Wenger is packing it in at the end of the season.

I can't see Sean being considered as a replacement...?

Which means that Eddie Howe will be the longest serving manager with Sean a few days behind.

Sorry 59 didn’t understand your headline.
    Seems fans want Vieira and Henry though Brendan Rodgers being talked up. Ancelotti, Low and Tuchel are others. So far Sean not mentioned.
    However BFS had a questionnaire circulated asking fans what they thought, so that job might fall free again and he is being talked up for that.

what am I going to do - no more Arse Wenker....oh well - at least my Gunners chum is happy - he's been waiting a few years for him to take the walk - he still loves him though.

Its about time he stood down, I feel uneasy that Arsenal may come calling for Sean Dyche, I know he has just been given a hefty rise and is only half way through building us up to what he wants, but Managerial jobs for cream Clubs don't come around all that often, he's too good for anyone below us IMO so the Arsenal job may tempt him, does he want a step up at this point in his career ? only time will tell.

Honestly Alto I think the chances of Arsenal making an approach for Sean are between zero and 1%, and probably much closer to zero of the two. They'll want some big name who can attract world class superstars, Sean isn't that man.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    Honestly Alto I think the chances of Arsenal making an approach for Sean are between zero and 1%, and probably much closer to zero of the two. They'll want some big name who can attract world class superstars, Sean isn't that man.
    I make you right in a way Sinkov, but some of these so called big names IMO are just ordinary, Jose Marinho for one, they may be clever in front of a TV camera's, but the only way they are deemed top Managers/Coaches IMO is because they are working with the so called best, Dyche seems to build some ordinary players into better one's plus his sometimes tactical nous, sooner or later someone will wake up to this, SD has his flaws like everyone else but he's getting noticed more now for what he's achieved with our beloved little old Burnley.

does a fancy sounding name help them choose - Mazapalo or Pimeti.....how about Evgard or Tinto or even Slendagson, perhaps better to be - Dychio .

I'm not knocking Sean Alto, I honestly wouldn't swap him for any other manager in the PL, and you can include Pep in that. But Arsenal don't want/need someone who can lift their players to the next level, they can afford the best anyway, they just need someone who can attract the best, who the top players want to play for. Despite the media speculation I believe Everton never made an approach for Dyche, they had no interest in him, and if he's not of interest to Everton there's no chance of Arsenal being interested in him either.

Which suits me fine.

24 names currently quoted on Betfair as Arsenal's next manager, Sean isn't one of them. This is one vacancy we really have no need to worry about.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)