+ Visit Wolverhampton Wanderers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Arsene Wenger

Arsene Wenger

Standing down as Arsenal manager at the end of the season.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/f...-a8313591.html

Quote Originally Posted by nortonwolf View Post
    Standing down as Arsenal manager at the end of the season.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/f...-a8313591.html
    End of an era. Will we ever see a Manager stay at one club for so long again? Personally I don't think we will.

He came into English football and changed the game for ever. New training methods, mobility, gym work and diet were introduced, and players careers were lengthened by several years. The hoof it up to a strapping centre forward approach went out of the window, and neat fast passing became the norm.

When Arsenal were on song, and they often were, they were a treat to watch.

The game in England has a lot to thank Arsene Wenger for.

Should have ridden off into the sunset after one of their recent FA Cup victories. But he had an amazing career.

Quote Originally Posted by abbobrom View Post
    End of an era. Will we ever see a Manager stay at one club for so long again? Personally I don't think we will.

He came into English football and changed the game for ever. New training methods, mobility, gym work and diet were introduced, and players careers were lengthened by several years. The hoof it up to a strapping centre forward approach went out of the window, and neat fast passing became the norm.

When Arsenal were on song, and they often were, they were a treat to watch.

The game in England has a lot to thank Arsene Wenger for.
    How very true, Abbo. I'm sure if Wenger had been born in Britain many others on this forum would happily echo your sentiment. Like a breath of fresh air, he did much to 'drag' British football into the 21st century. In recent years he has not achieved the same level of success he once enjoyed with Arsenal, but, perhaps, the reasons for that are manifold and not necessarily of his own making. Be that as it may, I believe he has earned for himself a position amongst the pantheon of great coach/managers in British football. I wish him well for the future.

Arsene Who? still remember those comments when he was appointed back in 1996. A football visionary was made for creating what culminated in the Invicibles side of 2004, fantastic Guy apparently too. You can walk away now with your head held high.

Great manager, Arsenal fans have been very lucky to have him over the years but I think the time is probably right.

The programme The Feud should be great viewing Monday night.

Arsene Wenger could really have left Arsenal a few years ago, but he's stayed. A great manager and his side, along with Man.City and Spurs are ones i'd pay to see if i didn't have any allegiance to any side.

He has undoubtably done a great job for Arsenal. Perhaps his best years are behind him???? He has certainly suffered a considerable amount of abuse from Arsenal fans. However Arsenal fans ...... be careful what you wish for!

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfiebill View Post
    He has undoubtably done a great job for Arsenal. Perhaps his best years are behind him???? He has certainly suffered a considerable amount of abuse from Arsenal fans. However Arsenal fans ...... be careful what you wish for!
    He probably should have retired a few years ago, he doesn’t however deserve the abuse he gets from his own clubs fans, his record speaks for itself and warrants more respect ... and as Abbo so succinctly points out he has done so much for top tier football in general.

Quote Originally Posted by nortonwolf View Post
    He probably should have retired a few years ago, he doesn’t however deserve the abuse he gets from his own clubs fans, his record speaks for itself and warrants more respect ... and as Abbo so succinctly points out he has done so much for top tier football in general.
    Most of those that abuse Wenger are probably the lot that suddenly 'found' football and started supporting Arsenal in say...about 1996 maybe?
    Last edited by Newcy Wolf; 21-04-2018 at 01:42 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)