+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wenger

Wenger

Has announced that he will leave Arsenal at the end of the season, 22 years, will we ever see such a length of service again?

Sol "I'm one of the greatest minds in football" Campbell, 100/1 for the job.

Bet Joey Barton kicking himself.....

Quote Originally Posted by Airborn Pie View Post
    Has announced that he will leave Arsenal at the end of the season, 22 years, will we ever see such a length of service again?
    Doubtful in this day and age, although nothing changes in the respect that chances of longevity are directly related to level of success.

Wenger has done a good job, playing a very attractive style of football and overseeing a growth in Arsenal's stature, but it's fair to say he's lost his way a little in recent years and other clubs have jumped ahead again. Wenger actually found the perfect formula in his early days, mixing highly skilful players like Bergkamp and Henry with enforcers like Viera and Petit, but everyone could see in recent years (apart from him, apparently) that without those enforcers, skill isn't enough. Arsenal today look like a "nice" team who will always win more games than they lose, but they don't have aggression and the knowledge of the 'dark arts' that you do need to dig out results sometimes. Even Barcelona and Real Madrid have an 'edge' when they need it.

Paid insufficient heed to building from the back. Shame. He was a top man who commanded respect until 2/3 seasons ago.

What do you think, Elite? Eddie Howe currently 16-1 on Skybet. Lump yer money on?

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    What do you think, Elite? Eddie Howe currently 16-1 on Skybet. Lump yer money on?
    Don't touch it with a bargepole sid - mainly because you can get 25/1 with BetVictor.

Actually, I'd be surprised if Arsenal went for someone like Eddie Howe. I think it will be a famous old boy or a foreign manager.

https://www.oddschecker.com/football...manent-manager

Should have gone 2 years ago

Quote Originally Posted by Steward View Post
    Should have gone 2 years ago
    I agree, he came in with new ideas that changed the way football was played in the UK but the last few years everyone caught up with him and his teams became a bit stale and obvious. But he as been a great manager.

I think you can wipe a lot from the oddschecker list. The only ones to appeal are Louw, Vieira, and van Bronckhurst.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast