+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Newell deal extended and more talks planned

Quote Originally Posted by Hazza Has A Gazza View Post
    If you were Joe Newell, you'd do exactly the same thing. I know I would.
    for what reason? is not about money... joe will have a short football career so should be getting as much money as possible over the next 10 years. what he is doing is saying if rotherham dont go up then i will look to find a club in the championship he will take me...
    we have already offered him a contract so if were in league one or championship he would know what we are offering...

Quote Originally Posted by MillmoorRon View Post
    It wad said previously that we had an option to extend for a year anyway! So he hasn't signed an 'extension' at all?
    tbf paul didnt say newell sign a contract extension. its just confirming the contract has been extended... i believe you and pokermillerswindon have misread the title

. i believe you and pokermillerswindon have misread the title

I don't live in Wiltshire

Quote Originally Posted by caytonmiller View Post
    tbf paul didnt say newell sign a contract extension. its just confirming the contract has been extended... i believe you and pokermillerswindon have misread the title
    From the official page:

Rotherham United midfielder Joe Newell has signed a one year contract extension with the club which will see him remain at AESSEAL New York Stadium until the summer of 2019.

Paul never mentioned anywhere in the thread that Newell had signed a year extension... Since your comments were in this thread I presume you were responding the the star article not the official site

Quote Originally Posted by PokerMillersSwinton View Post

Same place just different class 😋

Quote Originally Posted by PokerMillersSwinton View Post

Are you with Swindon Insurance?

If it’s about money then understandable (are we going to offer him peanuts?)

If it’s about games then he’d be better off staying with us imo
    Last edited by millertop; 21-04-2018 at 09:01 AM.

This was bound to happen. Who in their right mind thought Newell would sign a new contract I didn't.

He's keeping all his options open and rightly so. Should we stay in League one and a Championship club comes in for him then both Newell and the club win as we would rightly demand a fee as he is a contracted player and Newell moves on to a more lucrative contract elsewhere.

If we even went up then another club can still come in for him but I feel if we hit the Championship then he may well sign a more lengthy contract with ourselves. It's just a wait and see exercise.

Mr Brinsworth's comments sum it up nicely.

It also bats away any daft enquiries from the likes of P'boro

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast