Thread: Wenger

Wenger

I know it is mentioned on the Rafa to Arsenal thread but thought we might as well have a proper one.

Wenger officially leaving at end of the season - think this is a good move for him, he has looked old and unwell in recent interviews.

Tuchal is current favourite but he is apparently off to PSG in the summer.
    Vieria is a close 2nd and i could see him going there.

Rodgers and Howe are the two British ones linked, could see either going personally.

It'll be interesting to watch how they do next season, I can see them falling apart or having an amazing trophy winning season.

Any manager that goes to Arsenal had better be a messiah type where he can be afforded time.
    Like a Vieira or someone like that.
    Any other manager would need to hit the ground running of the natives will get restless very quickly, most likely.

Exactly the same as Man Utd.

I saw Vieira being interviewed on CNN a couple of days back - managing some team in the States and doing very well.

Quote Originally Posted by toptoon View Post
    I saw Vieira being interviewed on CNN a couple of days back - managing some team in the States and doing very well.
    Is that the New York team?

SOmething to do with Man City?

Shame that Wenger has been hounded out by fickle fans
    He seemed to do well early days and his buying and bringing youth through seemed to work he hardly spent a penny for years
    The fans were on his back wanting big money names in
    I think that’s kinda when the wheels started to fall off a bit.

I would kill for some of the success here that he has given them

I guess some fans are never happy

Watch all the ones who turned on him-and there were a LOT of them-suddenly backtrack and start licking his arse.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    Watch all the ones who turned on him-and there were a LOT of them-suddenly backtrack and start licking his arse.
    Aye - despite all the stuff they have sent his way it'll be "only one Arsene Wenger" next game.