+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dijkstra' Day 24 Years On

Dijkstra' Day 24 Years On

Do you remember when Mick Walker was virtually crying on Central News? Happy Dijkstra Day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q5RtqxBvkpk

Too soon

Djktsra own Goal

Yes i was there that day against Derby

Cant believe it was 24 Years ago

Would we have gone up had Charlie Palmer headed that ball away properly? (I do blame Palmer more than Dijkstra and why didn't Cherry make the call?). We would very probably have made the play offs had we won that game. Finishing 6th we would have had Millwall in the semis (IIRC they rioted at their brand new ground in the semis after missing out to Derby, so we might have had to face similar scary scenes down there), then we would have got Leicester in the final who we'd beaten 4-1 in the most recent meeting.

Went to this game with my mate from school and his dad.

24 years ago..scary

Quote Originally Posted by KeepTheMagpieFlyingH View Post
    Went to this game with my mate from school and his dad.

24 years ago..scary
    I was there got beaten up on the way to the station after the game.

I was there sadly.

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    Would we have gone up had Charlie Palmer headed that ball away properly? (I do blame Palmer more than Dijkstra and why didn't Cherry make the call?). We would very probably have made the play offs had we won that game. Finishing 6th we would have had Millwall in the semis (IIRC they rioted at their brand new ground in the semis after missing out to Derby, so we might have had to face similar scary scenes down there), then we would have got Leicester in the final who we'd beaten 4-1 in the most recent meeting.
    I never blamed Dijkstra , he was just calm under pressure and stopping giving the corner away , if he knew the keeper was coming he would have left it alone

We played so well that season, such a shame we didn't finish in the play-offs.

I seem to recall then going to Stoke the Saturday after and drawing 0-0 with 9 men - think it was Dave Regis and Devlin that saw red.

Quote Originally Posted by marky View Post
    I was there sadly.
    Me too, sat there on the terraces....head in my hands as everyone filed out at the end....sheer disbelief.

Now I am depressed thanks to the OP......grrrrrr

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast