+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: MATCH DAY POST: Birmingham City v The Mighty Blades

Quote Originally Posted by tomytony View Post
    "It's not where you start it's where you finish."

From what I saw we didn't really get to the start line today, so disappointing, we were so flat, so lacking in ideas.

Next season will be much more challenging. Get the boardroom sorted otherwise we'll be playing catch up- and we've all seen what can happen then.
    100% Ran out of legs weeks ago, the sharpness and energy as gone. cant knock em one bit though,they ve gave it everything to the best of their ability,but just come up short. wilder will know exactly whats required and needed ,i just dont think he,ll be backed like he wants. 4-5million simply isnt no where near enough for what is required. im more apprehensive for next season than what i was for this. but i suppose batteries will be re charged for the start of next sason.

I was driving along in the NYM listening to TalkSport and they went across to St Andrews about 3.25pm. Their guys were so full of praise for us and the way we play, one even did a Wilder and said ‘We always seem to get a PROPER game of football when we watch Sheff U”.

The missis said that it made her proud to hear all the praise that’d been heaped upon United this season. I said just you wait they’ll equalise now and a few minutes later it was ‘And there’s been another goal at St Andrews!’ I just knew which way it’d gone.

That prettty much sums the second half of the season up doesn’t it? Some very decent football but the total inability to do what teams aspiring to get promotion do. Hold onto leads, score late goals, come back from behind. We’re just not quite there are we?

And to top it all I got a b0ll0cking off the strife for jinxing us.

If we're being honest, we haven't really been 'at it' since Christmas. That fantastic marauding style, hunting in packs, players popping up everywhere in good positions, its been missing. We've played some very nice stuff, but once teams worked out how to stiflle us, its been easy for them to do it.

Anyway..there's no shame in giving it a right good go, and thats what I think we've done. We shut up the oinkers at theirs, we topped the league (something the oinkers haven't managed in six years...), and had wonderful days and nights when we were almost unplayable. We came up a yard or two short. Nothing to beat ourselves up about.

From here on, we can see what needs doing, I'm sure CW and AK can see it too, and the board as well. Down to all of them to get their acts in gear. We are a work in progress...

If you're struggling, this will cheer you up....

Last edited by FatherKnowsBest; 21-04-2018 at 07:05 PM.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234