+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Rafas plans

Rafas plans

He has a plan in place and wants to continue with the project,he is just waiting for news of the summer budget.

Whoever runs the club by the summer needs to get a realistic budget sorted or else they are going to lose a good man.

If Rafa signs a new contract then nothing else needs to be said, because it'll be all there is to know in terms of overall negotiations no matter what people think of Ashley and co.

Why?
    Because, if Rafa signs a new contract we can all assume he's done his full homework and installed his own clauses into it as well as club promises to him...as much as his managerial promises to the club.
    It has to work side by side because he is an employee after all.

So let's work out the good and the bad.

If he signs a new contract then we can all assume it's all forward thinking and good. Right?
    If he doesn't get what his contract states then he could walk and be paid up on his entire contract. Fair enough?

Bearing in mind he's on something like, 5 million a year, then I would also assume that Ashley is not going to play any games other than to honour the contract set out.

If Rafa does not sign a new contract we can all assume that there could be a refusal to budge on one or both parties in terms of acceptance of terms, which could be disastrous for the entire set up as much as incoming talent not being convinced of stability.

My personal opinion would be for Ashley to stay and Rafa to carry on as he's doing with a new contract and cash on the hip plus any recouped outgoing transfers, but bearing in mind a wage structure.

Would that be the best deal for all?
    I think most people would prefer Rafa with a new contract and new owners.
    I wouldn't be averse to that as long as the new owners were not short sighted or gungho for a few years and down the toilet for an eternity.

One thing's for sure. It's going to be an exciting summer as far as hope and anticipation goes.

Quote Originally Posted by ghostrider View Post
    If Rafa signs a new contract then nothing else needs to be said, because it'll be all there is to know in terms of overall negotiations no matter what people think of Ashley and co.

Why?
    Because, if Rafa signs a new contract we can all assume he's done his full homework and installed his own clauses into it as well as club promises to him...as much as his managerial promises to the club.
    It has to work side by side because he is an employee after all.

So let's work out the good and the bad.

If he signs a new contract then we can all assume it's all forward thinking and good. Right?
    If he doesn't get what his contract states then he could walk and be paid up on his entire contract. Fair enough?

Bearing in mind he's on something like, 5 million a year, then I would also assume that Ashley is not going to play any games other than to honour the contract set out.

If Rafa does not sign a new contract we can all assume that there could be a refusal to budge on one or both parties in terms of acceptance of terms, which could be disastrous for the entire set up as much as incoming talent not being convinced of stability.

My personal opinion would be for Ashley to stay and Rafa to carry on as he's doing with a new contract and cash on the hip plus any recouped outgoing transfers, but bearing in mind a wage structure.

Would that be the best deal for all?
    I think most people would prefer Rafa with a new contract and new owners.
    I wouldn't be averse to that as long as the new owners were not short sighted or gungho for a few years and down the toilet for an eternity.

One thing's for sure. It's going to be an exciting summer as far as hope and anticipation goes.
    Ashleys record on promises, and contracts, isn't very good though is it. Rafa wont put up with any more nonsense and will walk if the club don't match his ambitions, and no one would blame him.As you say it will be an exciting summer although I don't know if "exciting" is how I would describe it, more like nervous.

Quote Originally Posted by tinostongue View Post
    Ashleys record on promises, and contracts, isn't very good though is it. Rafa wont put up with any more nonsense and will walk if the club don't match his ambitions, and no one would blame him.As you say it will be an exciting summer although I don't know if "exciting" is how I would describe it, more like nervous.
    Ashley spoke to the press and stated that Rafa can have all the money that the club makes at his disposal ok this season with playing in the chimpo last year we didn’t have much cash to play with.
    Next season we will be using this years earnings...
    With live tv money’s it could be £120 M

If Rafa doesn’t get a good wedge this is breach of contract

You would think it would be in everyone’s interest (Ashley and his 5h1te direct included) to keep Rafa with a decent kitty and push for top half and good cup runs every season.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)