+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: If only..........

If only..........

......... we had played the rest of the season as we have in the last three games. If we had, we would be comfortably in mid-table. Phillips gave Mourinho a nightmare of an afternoon and I thought Livermore was excellent. These two have typified the problem as they have been poor most of the time. In my opinion we are going down because of Pulis' negative tactics and the lack of respect that the players have obviously shown to Pardew. This does not excuse the players but it must be difficult to play for a manager who they don't rate or respect. A great shame, as we looked a decent side today and were enjoyable to watch.

I am convinced that Pulis would have kept us up too Leicester. The team cant just play for the last 5 fixtures. They should have been more professional from the get go. What Big Dave has done is bring the passion back. He's a top bloke.

Quote Originally Posted by boingy View Post
    I am convinced that Pulis would have kept us up too Leicester. The team cant just play for the last 5 fixtures. They should have been more professional from the get go. What Big Dave has done is bring the passion back. He's a top bloke.
    Begs the question where would you be now if Pardew was sacked say, 3 games previously?

I think the problems at west brom were deeper than pulis or pardew. I think there were a lot of problems behind the scenes and i dont think its any counicidence that things have looked up since a lot of the upper management has left. Maybe a different manager would have made a difference but in a strange way i am glad it came to this because there has almost been a clean sweep of the back office and it needed to be done. Had pulis stayed and barely kept us up it would have just prolonged the agony.

Quote Originally Posted by boingy View Post
    Pulis was the problem. Pity we won the first 2 games of the season. If we had got to the end of September with a handful of draws he would have been out much sooner and the players would have been freed from his shackles and allowed to play like they did yesterday. Phillips is a darn good attacking winger but Pulis wanted him back all the time helping out in defence. Ditto for many more of the players.
    Unless we appointed Pardew....

We should always look for the good things in players (very often I do not) the way Phillips skipped by the full back when we played Arsenal should have been the focal point to replicate in every game for him, he enjoys that kind of game...nothing better than being happy in your work.

If only...we had played Brunty in the first half versus Citeh...we had six set pieces in that half...might have been the best scalp of the season.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)