+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Bristol Rovers Post Match Thoughts

Bristol Rovers Post Match Thoughts

Another job well done. A number of things sorted out today, we are in the playoffs, we can't finish 3rd and it's unlikely we'll finish 5th or 6th so at least we'll be at NYS for the 2nd leg. Perm any 1 from 6 as to who we'll be playing.

Thoughts on today?

Great goal by smith well impressed with that shot

Been at the match. We deserved to win, although the game was a bit scrappy at times. I think that Rodak only had one proper save to make as the shooting from Rovers was mainly wayward. The BBC match stats are a bit misleading as Rovers may have passed the ball around in their own half ok, but looked less dangerous than the Millers going beyond that.

Great goal from Smith - watch it on the highlights later if you were not at the NYS today. In fact, great 90 minutes from Smith - and he was rightly awarded "Man of the Match". Newell didn't look 100% fit, but showed his worth near the end, with an inch-perfect cross for Lavery to run in at the near post and score. We could have scored more, as Williams came on as sub and missed a good chance, then mis-hit a simple pass that would have given Newell an almost certain goal.

If Smith can play like today for the rest of the season though , anything is possible!
    Last edited by mikemiller; 21-04-2018 at 04:49 PM.

BR were a really good side, ref allowed them to get away with a few questionable challenges.

They had more possession and more shots, but we had more quality.

The lads are becoming fans favourites as their attitude is something else, to a man they don’t give up

Quote Originally Posted by gm_gm View Post
    BR were a really good side, ref allowed them to get away with a few questionable challenges.

They had more possession and more shots, but we had more quality.

The lads are becoming fans favourites as their attitude is something else, to a man they don’t give up
    Looking again, we actually eliminated them from playoff contention today so they can't be a bad side.

We played well again today with some lovely football, but being picky we do have a lot of missed passes in our game and a tendendency to take our foot off the gas and so we did need that second goal, BR were closing in on an equaliser. We are not putting teams away at the mo. IT must have been very hot out there but I think we have to keep up the high tempo play.
    However lots of positives and we are in the playoffs , woo hoo . Thought SMith deserved mom for the goal and his all round effort, Michael Ihiekwe was immense and won everything , Ajayi will have a job on dislodging him, but what a good cameo from Semi in midfield , won headers as you would expect but also his speed at closing down was brilliant, and he can play. As someone said the closing down from everyone was superb , started by Taylor and carried on by Smith leading to his superb goal.
    In the play offs ! Well done to them all

I thought we were poor. Missed passes, bad decisions and nigly fouls. I'm guessing Rovers will be gutted at not having at least a point.
    Two plusses, we dominated in the air, and we finished two of the very few chances we had. Thought Vaulks was lucky to stop on.

Job done today and we can't ask for any more than that.
    Very warm conditions today and I thought a few of our players looked a bit leggy.
    Vaulks was blowing out of his backside after 70 minutes and that's not like him.

Quote Originally Posted by mellowmiller View Post
    Job done today and we can't ask for any more than that.
    Very warm conditions today and I thought a few of our players looked a bit leggy.
    Vaulks was blowing out of his backside after 70 minutes and that's not like him.
    There was something certainly a miss with Vaulks today. Was he tasked with ma marking their 8 today?
    Last edited by frogmiller; 21-04-2018 at 05:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jocksgloves View Post
    I thought we were poor. Missed passes, bad decisions and nigly fouls. I'm guessing Rovers will be gutted at not having at least a point.
    Two plusses, we dominated in the air, and we finished two of the very few chances we had. Thought Vaulks was lucky to stop on.
    Jocks I don't know what incident you're refering to with Vaulks for him to be lucky. I thought he should have had a yellow for one of his challenges but nothing more.

I do think that they are lucky not to be down to 9 men with two fouls where both their players led with their arm. The worst was on Wood but the ref didn't see it at all where he was elboed and the second was where Palmer was taken out by their 8 who jumped and lead with his arm..

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast