+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bristol Rovers Post Match Thoughts

I mentioned earlier that it was sometimes scrappy, and that was because a fair amount of the game was a midfield dogfight. Even Wood got flattened twice near the halfway line. Vaulks and Palmer were not at their best, probably due to the rough stuff which often went unpunished by the ref, and Towell received a kick that led to him going off the field (Hopefully nothing too serious). Smith seemed to relish the physical battle though, and Rovers couldn't grapple the three points from the Millers.
    Last edited by mikemiller; 21-04-2018 at 06:33 PM.

Comedy moment of match was when that ginger minger substitute had a Peter Kay moment and launched the ball out of the ground even though it was already 3 foot over the touch line........’av it !!

http://www.skysports.com/watch/video...bristol-rovers

The highlights are up if anyone wants to watch that fantastic Smith goal again. Not the best of games but a good enough performance. it was warm and I like to see Refs letting things go but he took the piss.
    The icing on the cake finishing in the playoffs of a great season.

UTM!

Managers like the one at Bristol Rovers really annoyed me. No credit at all. He said our first goal was bad defensively:
    Smith won the ball on the half way line and still had loads to do but his run and finish was outstanding.

Then there’s the alleged comment from the Charlton Manager. “ no one will beat us over 2 legs”

Quote Originally Posted by jocksgloves View Post
    I thought we were poor. Missed passes, bad decisions and nigly fouls. I'm guessing Rovers will be gutted at not having at least a point.
    Two plusses, we dominated in the air, and we finished two of the very few chances we had. Thought Vaulks was lucky to stop on.
    Bit harsh Jock. No - very harsh.

There was a period in the first half when we were excellent. Third game in a week took its toll. There was plenty to be pleased with.

Quote Originally Posted by mygiddypant View Post

There was a period in the first half when we were excellent. Third game in a week took its toll. There was plenty to be pleased with.

Yes, and as old Brucie used to say “let’s see the scores on the doors”

Quote Originally Posted by mygiddypant View Post

Yes the middle bit.

But they had 60% possession in the first half.

Meanwhile a few weeks back after Charlton.......

....Smith is rubbish. Can't control the ball. We have no natural goalscorers.....this after arguably the most spectacular goal of the season and a MoM performance. Yet again he ran the opposition ragged

.....We won't make the playoffs. This after being unbeaten for a third of the season and then a couple of dodgy results

The best one was.......we won't win another match. See above comments

I know one or two were on an angling trip but there were a few fans who made these comments in all seriousness.

Who was the bloke who said he'd had enough around last November and said wasn't going again.

Thank god PW, TS and the Players don't give up that easily eh.....

Quote Originally Posted by flourbasher View Post
    Meanwhile a few weeks back after Charlton.......

....Smith is rubbish. Can't control the ball. We have no natural goalscorers.....this after arguably the most spectacular goal of the season and a MoM performance. Yet again he ran the opposition ragged

.....We won't make the playoffs. This after being unbeaten for a third of the season and then a couple of dodgy results

The best one was.......we won't win another match. See above comments

I know one or two were on an angling trip but there were a few fans who made these comments in all seriousness.

Who was the bloke who said he'd had enough around last November and said wasn't going again.

Thank god PW, TS and the Players don't give up that easily eh.....
    Some comment on the game so they were fair comments, just because Smith scored a stunner doesn’t mean he’s Ronaldo

It was my first home game this season, having been to about 10 down south ish. Lovely day with good weather seeing family, good beer in the New York Tavern as ever and some Rovers supporting mates were up who enjoyed their day too and just recovering from a night out at the Leadmill in Sheffield.

I was really impressed with the team. We played like a team, and yes not everything was perfect but we’re a League One side! I like Smith more every time I see him, and today he actually charged over the pitch to contest a header very Revell-like. He does still need to get in the box quicker after he lays off for a cross though.

Otherwise I thought Emmanuel was cracking today, I can’t remember him putting a foot wrong and the Rovers fans were very impressed with him.

Rovers had no cutting edge, but we looked far more of a threat each time we started an attack I think. We slacked off at start of the second half and it was good timing for the first sub, and then the ten minutes before the second goal ws a bit manic but fun.

Biggest thing is I’m much happier without Ajayi at centre back...loads of promise but just can’t trust him at this stage of the season.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast