+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Thought You Might Enjoy This

Quote Originally Posted by great_fire View Post
    Notoriously tight-fisted these Chinese billionaires.

Yeah, the end of season club dinner will be an all you can eat buffet.

Quote Originally Posted by great_fire View Post
    Notoriously tight-fisted these Chinese billionaires.
    Only £15bn between them fire , times are hard so let's cut them a little slack please .

:-) :-) :-)

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    I used to like Barnsley when they were a South Yorkshire team but according to Radio Sheffield they must have moved because "today we we're at Elland Road for the West Yorkshire derby"
    Well it used to be a West Riding derby.

Barnsley gets put in West Yorkshire quite a lot for some reason.

I bet they find little slack difficult to say.

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    Yeah, the end of season club dinner will be an all you can eat buffet.
    Aye , it's to be hoped your owner finds a magic money tree over the summer Grist if you win the play offs .

There's every chance you'll attain less points in the championship than you did last season otherwise .

Very tough mate and it's getting harder by the year to compete at this level unless you have very very wealthy backing .

Oh wait a minute ..........:-) :-) :-)

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Aye , it's to be hoped your owner finds a magic money tree over the summer Grist if you win the play offs .

There's every chance you'll attain less points in the championship than you did last season otherwise .

Very tough mate and it's getting harder by the year to compete at this level unless you have very very wealthy backing .

Yes - all those millions have served Sunderland well this season too. I think on spirit alone our current team without any additions (but keeping the loanees) would do better than the AS assembled posse of last season.

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post

Yes it would indeed be very tough for us if we go up, but to be honest I reckon most Rotherham fans would be ok if the players picked do their best and we don’t do stupid signings like Dexter the Donkey Blackstock.

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    Yes - all those millions have served Sunderland well this season too. I think on spirit alone our current team without any additions (but keeping the loanees) would do better than the AS assembled posse of last season.
    That's all well and good but it's not gone unnoticed that last season's 3 relegated clubs from the championship could well come straight back up from league one .

This suggests the gap is clearly very wide between the two divisions .

If Stoke , Southampton along with WBA come down as looks likely then next season will be even harder with the other championship clubs already primed , funded and ready to go again next season .

If Villa , Boro or Derby don't make it through the play offs then it becomes ever harder and only one can get up that way .

I don't mean any disrespect mate because I see yourselves and us as exactly in the same boat

Getting beyond us is this level to be honest , just haven't got the brand to compete .

Just bear in mind also that we've spent £10m and won 8 games out of 43 and we are supposed to be good at recruiting players .
    Last edited by animallittle3; 21-04-2018 at 10:56 PM.

Two relegations on the bounce for Sunderland though, so parachutes don’t always work.

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    Two relegations on the bounce for Sunderland though, so parachutes don’t always work.
    True but Sunderland have enormous financial problems and hardly spent a round coin this season Grist .

The club's coming down aren't quite in that financial position just yet .

Never say never and if you come back up who is to say you won't do a Millwall .

Just telling it as I see it guys .

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast