+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: To do list

To do -

Just play Duff , Coutts , Fleck in midfield , and watch us go !

Fair to say this lad was a championship quality striker when boro signed him,I'm with aya on this there's not much out there I'd want TBH another gem like deano would be great but unlikely,this is where chris will earn his corn

Name:  IMG_0247.jpg
Views: 479
Size:  75.1 KB

good point youve brought up there bfl now its almost certain we wont be in prem next season i think the prince may well back off ive a feeling mcabe has some new investors lined up suppose its depends what the prince would want for his 50 per cent interest in the club if true the rumours he has put 17 million in already i reckon he may want 20 to 25 million back on his investment although not a big mcabe fan i do think we would be in safer hands with him either staying at the club or selling up

As much as I like Leon, one goal in four attempts can't be right.....he misses four most games.

L2 top scorers Billy Kee 24 goals Accrington, Mohamed Eisa 22 goals Cheltenham. L1 top scorers Jack Marriot 26 goals Peterborough, Brett Pittman 22 goals Portsmouth. I know little or nothing about any of these. We talk about trying to pick up another Deano but it is easier said than done. Dare I say we need someone like Lucas Jaio with pace and trickery. Our current strike force is so slow and predictable.

One of our current strike force made the team of the season voted for by fellow players so he must have done something right as that's the team they all want to be in,having said that I think this could be Leon's best season and next will probably be no where near as good,but as with most opinions on here that's pure speculation

I've put 2 tables up today with stats, the people that do these spend hours collating data they don't just pick figures out of thin air there's also plenty of data readily available with opta and the like but as soon as people see the figures they question them cos it doesn't fit with what they think they've seen,a few of the tables I've seen have shocked me but facts are facts

Quote Originally Posted by bulmer1889 View Post
    Fair to say this lad was a championship quality striker when boro signed him,I'm with aya on this there's not much out there I'd want TBH another gem like deano would be great but unlikely,this is where chris will earn his corn

Name:  IMG_0247.jpg
Views: 479
Size:  75.1 KB
    Great stats Bully - these championship quality strikers cut no mustard with me - we should be looking down to League 1 or 2 for a younger talent looking to prove himself at a higher level - or abroad.

No need to spend big money on players like Rhodes/Assombalonga etc - overpriced and of limited ability

There are other stats though

Cherry picking stats to ensure we keep shopping in Aldi. Why?

You can make them suit your case depending which stats you choose but I'd plump for Mitrovic and Vydra , both on 19, with Grabban, from the list below.

Minutes on the pitch per goal in the Champ

Mitrovic 109 mins
    Grabban 127
    Vidra 137
    Maguire 156
    Diedhiou 168
    Leon 175
    Billy 182
    Maupay 191
    Reid 203.

They are all over priced but some provide much more value for money than others.

Looking at CW's buys many have worked well, he's developed them, they've benefitted from the coaching staff input but some, why? Holmes, Leonard for example.

Quote Originally Posted by tomytony View Post
    Cherry picking stats to ensure we keep shopping in Aldi. Why?
    I get what you're saying, but shopping in Waitrose, you can pay three times what the bread and bog rolls cost in Aldi, and get little if no extra value. I think buying football players is pretty similar.

For me what we've really missed are those all important goals from midfield and the back. We also haven't had a credible alternative to Billy and Leon when they got stale and went out of form. Donaldson did his best but didn't look like a regular scorer.

I'd love for us to be able to have a player like Mitrovic, but he cost Newcastle £13m and £75k* a week, (so they say...). Unless we have an investor who is prepared to lose £30m over two seasons (like the oinkers gamble) and hope it works out, then we will be looking to unearth gems and inspire under-performers again.

with coutts coming back i think we just need 1 goalscoring midfielder in to be honest in fact he may already be with us in lee evans our real problems are at the back and up front be interesting to see if chris perseveres with the 3 5 2 system next season it might just tighten us up a bit at the back going to a back 4 but i think our wage structure has to become a bit more flexible next season otherwise i cant see us competing for a top 6 spot again

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast