+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: To do list

Quote Originally Posted by tomytony View Post
    LST, quoting what our owners say is like juggling soot- of no substance, flighty and blown away in seconds

Remember, the 'real investment' was coming when we had a meaningful chance of PL return. Well we had that this season and , by no stretch of anyone's imagination did we see real investment.

At the moment we have a 'dispute' to blur the issue further. With the present owners I do not expect Mitrovic type money but, remember, my original response on this thread was to Aya's 'let's scour L1 for player's' comment.

What I'm saying is that we should look to at least let CW look in Tesco not Poundland.
    That would be nice TT it doesn't mean CW would necessarily spend it in tescos but the option would be a start

Quote Originally Posted by seanbeanstattoo View Post
    There is absolutely no way on Gods green earth we will be better prepared next season. Our divided board will ensure we engage in a relegation battle when this season they could have orchestrated an automatic promotion or comfortable top 6 finish at worst.
    I never said we would chris I said Fulham were,after slowly building over 3 or more yrs,as I've mentioned earlier I won't worry about next season until we see what hand we have to play with can't see any point to that I have enough things to worry me without some hypothetical situation that may or may not arise

Quote Originally Posted by bulmer1889 View Post
    That would be nice TT it doesn't mean CW would necessarily spend it in tescos but the option would be a start
    With this lot that's all I could wish for Bulmer.

He's earned the right to be backed meaningfully.

He has m8 but if the money's not there it's not there,and let's be honest when the prince came on board we were all suspicious and questioned the validity of the claims as expected it was another false dawn,so we can't spend what's not there that really is the road to ruin so it's back to the new chestnut these two need to sort things out so we can move forward,for the record I'm in the McCabe camp I don't trust the prince contrary to reports he isn't a blade he doesn't understand us and the buying of the Belgium club suggests we aren't his sole priority so I'd like to see him gone and whoever Kev has waiting on the sidelines step forward,we all agree nowt much will happen until this does

Quote Originally Posted by Longshortandtall View Post
    Not an advocate of the jam tomorrow strategy just pointing out what we can expect if KM wins the boardroom battle TT. Out of all the quotes attributed to KM I suspect this is nearest to the truth of the situation. There are only so many bargains in the basement before you are left with dross. My concern is not about shopping in Tesco its about being able to move from Poundland to Aldi.

If we are left with a single owner and no immediate injection of investment from elsewhere then we are more likely to be back shopping at Netto.
    As you will be well aware LST I have no positive expectations if we are left at the mercy of McC.

As I've said elsewhere, the problem for a manager producing a few jewels from the sides of the barrel leads to McC expecting that we can carry on doing so AND make progress.

I think you're being positive with Netto, be more likely to be at a food bank.

WE'RE ON THE MARCH WI WILDERS ARMY.I see the Clapppers are gerrin grief agen from Colonel Slasher Beany. Opinions opinions all BLADES are entitled to their views and they'll not always be the same as yours.UP THE MIGHTY BLADES

sbt has his views and is entitled to voice them i can sense his frustrations in his posts and it has been a dissapointing end to a very good first season back in the championship my own feelings are that it has all happened a bit too quickly for our boardroom and im not convinced they were ready to push the boat out to get us to the prem this year anyway i hope the team responds next saturday and puts on a great performance in saturday and gets the feelgood factor back at bdbl utb ftp

I think I fall somewhere between the views of most in that I feel that we’ve somehow contrived to throw away what could’ve been a chance to get in the playoffs even after all the (deserved and undeserved) crazy defeats and draws. We just didn’t have the desire or the work rate at times that our successes are built on.
    What I will take from this season though is the wonderful experience of seeing the wins at Pigboro and Bellend Road amongst others.
    For what it’s worth I think that Chris will not be afraid to reshape the squad and ship out the deadwood and non performers and we’ll come back stronger next season no matter who the next owners are.

I said in October last year that hard work, determination and team spirit would only get you so far (after we'd lost to Leicester in the cup for the first time this season) and I think my words have been proved correct. We need a higher class of player if we're to push on, and in order to get that kind of player we need to a. cast our net a little bit wider than just the UK and Ireland and b. increase our transfer and wage budget. If we don't, we're going to end up in this exact situation year after year whilst other clubs continue to leave us behind.

Quote Originally Posted by Carpe_diem View Post
    I said in October last year that hard work, determination and team spirit would only get you so far (after we'd lost to Leicester in the cup for the first time this season) and I think my words have been proved correct. We need a higher class of player if we're to push on, and in order to get that kind of player we need to a. cast our net a little bit wider than just the UK and Ireland and b. increase our transfer and wage budget. If we don't, we're going to end up in this exact situation year after year whilst other clubs continue to leave us behind.
    And you are right CD, we have to aim higher.Standing still means falling behind.

We've got the right man at the helm, give him a fair crack of the whip.

If we don't someone else will- and that's the real danger.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast