+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: To do list

Quote Originally Posted by tomytony View Post
    And you are right CD, we have to aim higher.Standing still means falling behind.

We've got the right man at the helm, give him a fair crack of the whip.

If we don't someone else will- and that's the real danger.
    This is the fear. I know he's said he's not planning on going anywhere, but how long can you be beaten down before you think f*ck it and go somewhere you'll be appreciated?

Quote Originally Posted by shorehamoldboy View Post
    sbt has his views and is entitled to voice them i can sense his frustrations in his posts and it has been a dissapointing end to a very good first season back in the championship my own feelings are that it has all happened a bit too quickly for our boardroom and im not convinced they were ready to push the boat out to get us to the prem this year anyway i hope the team responds next saturday and puts on a great performance in saturday and gets the feelgood factor back at bdbl utb ftp
    I know Sean and i've said before i allus enjoy his company. Yes he's frustrated just like i am,,where we differ is that i dunt call folks idiots who just wanna support the club whatever happens on't pitch or in't boardroom.UTCB

Quote Originally Posted by tomytony View Post
    And you are right CD, we have to aim higher.Standing still means falling behind.

We've got the right man at the helm, give him a fair crack of the whip.

If we don't someone else will- and that's the real danger.
    I don't think we've stood still this season - I think we've moved forward. OK not quite as forward as we could have, but far enough. Sometimes you have to go a little backwards to go forwards again.

We've made enough progress for me to be very happy with our first season back in the Championship....if we had been promoted ok great , but I don't think we're ready yet. Another season at this level will only serve to strengthen us.

All abart opinions to quote one Bladesmad legend.

Quote Originally Posted by Ayamonteblade View Post
    Another season at this level will only serve to strengthen us.
    Not necessarily. Look at Reading and the filth last season compared to this.

Quote Originally Posted by Carpe_diem View Post
    Not necessarily. Look at Reading and the filth last season compared to this.
    true - both reached the playoffs and now have plunged......both carrying lots of overpaid dross though and poor managers

Quote Originally Posted by Ayamonteblade View Post
    true - both reached the playoffs and now have plunged......both carrying lots of overpaid dross though and poor managers
    Jaap Stam hasn't turned into a poor manager, and Carlos is proving with Swansea that he's no slouch himself. Overpaid dross, yes - I'll give you that. We've got a squad of players who've over-achieved though and to expect them to continue to do so is hopeful at best.

Quote Originally Posted by bulmer1889 View Post
    You might as well quote messi and Ronaldo as mitrovic and vydra cos they're all way out of our price bracket it's not a case of pushing the boat out we just can't afford those players right now. We could have spent 25m in essence on a proven strike force at this level (Rhodes and assombalonga) and come away with a worse goal return than the 30 Clarke and sharp have bagged,im beginning to sound like a broken record but spending loads of money doesn't guarantee success have people forgotten about Hammond and Sammon already

Missed your last post TT and I agree to a point but there are no guarantees and I'm not so sure chris would splash big money anyway he doesn't come across as that type,look what happened when we gave Colin some money that ended well didn't it,as for the stats they are what they are they haven't been dressed to suit a particular agenda it's what they use for all strikers and Leon comes out well with them
    Spot on.

Feed the money tree.

We can all state we need better players who cost more money. It's hardly a revelation is it, not knowing what's needed?

The money isn't there. No one has an answer for that save "sell up then".

If there's any truth in the West Brom approach being accepted by the board, which I personally doubt,but it sounds good to some, I'd guess that means McCabe could well be staying.

Quote Originally Posted by Holden_C View Post
    If there's any truth in the West Brom approach being accepted by the board, which I personally doubt,but it sounds good to some, I'd guess that means McCabe could well be staying.
    Could you elaborate?

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast