+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Basham, Stevens and Lundstram

Quote Originally Posted by CHIPBUTTYBLADE View Post
    That is my one gripe against Baldock he gets in great positions but his final ball always lets him down,and when a scoring opportunity knocks he fails,next season Freeman has to be reinstalled,we have missed his goals.
    As I said last week, play Freeman on the left.

Quote Originally Posted by bulmer1889 View Post
    Interesting stat from blades analytics on twitter Stevens has more assists and better cross completion than baldock,it shocked me but stats don't lie
    I love Baldock, he's a great outlet to help us advance up the pitch, but his crossing/cut backs are bobar

Quote Originally Posted by AceOfBlades View Post
    I love Baldock, he's a great outlet to help us advance up the pitch, but his crossing/cut backs are bobar
    Ant stats on conceded goals....more from the left than right? A player needs to be judged on their overall use to the team IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by shorehamoldboy View Post
    enda has dropped off in the second half of the season but as gom said the lad came from league 2 its not his fault we have to pluck the better players from lower divisions i think he can only get better next season we can still look at good league 1 and 2 players but we need some championship quality in as well otherwise i just cant see us challenging for top 6 again next season however without selling brooks i really cant see chris getting the funds to bring these type of players in utb ftp
    It all depends on what happens during STW of course, but as things stand, I fear we will be in for a much more difficult time next season. IMHO we have massively overachieved this season, due in no small measure to superb effort and enthusiasm. That’s probably why many of the team now look knackered.
    The teams coming up (Wigan & Blackburn?) look quite strong, and those coming down - whoever they are - should be in contention in this division. I also expect the S6 brigade to be much more successful next year than this (tin hat on).

As I said - it all depends on what happens in the summer. I’m not holding my breath!
    Last edited by RonnieWaldock; 22-04-2018 at 02:18 PM.

It's a concern Ronnie the inability to beat a couple of teams fighting relegation doesn't bode well for next season but it's not worth worrying about until we know what we're goin with

i think your right ronnie its like a marathon runner running out of steam round the 20 mile mark most of our boys are knackered but we will learn were still rookies in this division and chris will have learned plenty while i think he will still try and play fast attacking football dont expect it to be quite as gung ho early doors next season utb ftp

That was supposed to be why the players were brought in in the jtw wasn't it to take pressure off those in the team and give them a rest,I just don't get leonard and Holmes chased em for long enough knew what he was getting but hardly had a kick he surely knew if they were good enough and if not why not use the money to buy one player that was instead 2 he's not prepared to use

although ive a feeling leonard and holmes might not be up to championship football and may be moved on who knows what a good pre season with us might just see them up to speed and really competing for first team starts next season

Quote Originally Posted by bulmer1889 View Post
    That was supposed to be why the players were brought in in the jtw wasn't it to take pressure off those in the team and give them a rest,I just don't get leonard and Holmes chased em for long enough knew what he was getting but hardly had a kick he surely knew if they were good enough and if not why not use the money to buy one player that was instead 2 he's not prepared to use
    I guess it's possible that they were bought while they could be ready for next season, and that our style of play and setup might change a bit to accommodate them. It'd certainly be a good idea, as they will have already settled into the club and the area and so could concentrate on hitting the ground running in pre-season.

Been saying that for a while Chips Ted Hemsley did well in that position for us

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast