+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Players to move on in summer..

Players to move on in summer..

Not been impressed with Leonard and Holmes but deserve a pre season i suppose..

George Long
    Louis Reed
    Chris Hussey
    Nathan Thomas
    James Hanson
    Caolan Lavery
    Clayton Donaldson
    Jake Wright
    Ben Heneghan
    Danny Lafferty
    Ched Evans
    Samir Carruthers

Jees I thought half of those had alrady been shifted.

Quote Originally Posted by gallonofmagnet View Post

George Long
    Louis Reed
    Chris Hussey
    Nathan Thomas
    James Hanson
    Caolan Lavery
    Clayton Donaldson
    Jake Wright
    Ben Heneghan
    Danny Lafferty
    Ched Evans
    Samir Carruthers
    I would keep two of those and give them some game time Nathan Thomas,Ben Heneghan.

I’d add a few more to that list if it were my choice. Let’s hope we recruit well and we move forward.

Quote Originally Posted by gallonofmagnet View Post

George Long
    Louis Reed
    Chris Hussey
    Nathan Thomas
    James Hanson
    Caolan Lavery
    Clayton Donaldson
    Jake Wright
    Ben Heneghan
    Danny Lafferty
    Ched Evans
    Samir Carruthers
    Tempted to add Holmes and Sharp to that list.

i think holmes and possibly leonard may well be moved on at least 8 will go thats for sure the only striker on that list i think chris might hold on to is caolan lavery but even then he should only be 5th choice striker at best and if we can get 2 new strikers in i think billy and leon may well only be squad players

Quote Originally Posted by Blade for Life View Post
    Tempted to add Holmes and Sharp to that list.
    Billy is coming towards the end of his career, and I'm not sure he will cut it at Championship level any more. Happy to be proved wrong, but CW not playing him when he could, seems to say that his time is nearly over here.

Holmes is just a curiosity. CW knew him well, chased him for over a year, then once he's in the squad he's barely played him despite him being 'the type of player' we've needed.

I agree with the rest of them. Some decent players in the list, but not for the levels we aspire to. We'll need to be looking at a bit better, younger, faster.

im sure chris will be looking for those types of players fkb as for billy im sure he knows hes not an automatic choice anymore got a feeling he wont accept that and drop down a division if that happens and the boy wonder is sold we will need 3 new strikers this summer gonna be a very interesting close season

It is a big test not just for the owners with regards investment but also for CW. He has to spread the net wider with regards to recruitment. We will always pay top dollar for the better quality British players and picking from a small selection. Now we have a Belgium football person on board surely we have some heads up on good young players from that area.

Agreed BfL, but our tame Belgian (Jan van Winckel) was supposedly the source of the friction between the owners last autumn. HRH wants us to cast our net wider. Brings his man in to help that happen. CW says no. McCabe backs CW, van Winckel still on the SUFC Board but sidelined....and here we are, or so they say.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast