+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Carolyn Radford doing a ailenn trew

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    To be fair to the Radfords, they have done more than they could be reasonably expected to do to take their club to the next level. If the twitter trolls are out in force it reflects badly on the six fingered brigade rather than the owners. They have provided the finance, appointed a manager and assembled a squad that were pre-season favourites to win the league. That's not an easy thing to do on 3,000 crowds. It only went tits up when the sweaty jock jumped ship, although their season isn't over just yet. I am delighted they will finish below us, but I can't help feeling that Stags fans having a go at the owners are missing the target by some way.
    I agree the Radfords have put everything into Mansfield from a financial point of view, and fans venting their anger and frustrations at their owners are wide of the mark and misdirected.

They appointed Steve Evans who is an excellent manager, and gave him everything he wanted and needed to build a team capable of challenging. What has backfired is that he did not see the job through and things have come crashing down since. So the question they should be is was he the right man if he was going to jump ship at the first available opportunity.

I’m not sure Flitcroft is the right man to take them forward. If they fail to make the playoffs then I’d imagine a lot of those players will be on two year deals so it’s going to cost again next season.

It just shows what an excellent job KN has done to get a squad of players (which many were part of the squad that lost ten games in a row at the back end of 2016) and make them playoff candidates.

Quote Originally Posted by tied_up_in_notts View Post
    I think the mistake they made was appointing Evans in the first place - he was never going to stay at a club like Mansfield as soon as League 1/Championship clubs came knocking. I am only surprised he stayed as long as he did - I predicted he would be gone by Christmas.
    It's also not looking good for Peterborough now also, 6 points from the playoffs with only 9 to play for... he could of totally screwed up his own season twice

I can't wait for the moment Mansfield can't make the playoffs. Despite their abysmal run of form, I have this recurring nightmare they'll sneak in the playoffs through the backdoor, and beat us either in the semis or the final.

Yum, yum Carolyn.....way better than our CEO....this would put bums on seats BigAL......SIGN HER UP.
    Name:  DazrhN7WsAELRq9.jpg
Views: 904
Size:  90.5 KB

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123