+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Match rating v Yeovil

Quote Originally Posted by navypie View Post
    I think we should introduce some kind of VAR system for match ratings . Then I could prove I was right and everybody else is wrong!

ps. It's not to late to vote for Tom James as goal of the season is it
    For me, I very rarely criticise anyone's match ratings (unless I think they have some kind of agenda) because quite simply we all see the game slightly differently....I've had no end of arguments-heated discussion with my lads plus Cobra or Branno over the years ie one of them will suddenly come out with "Westcarr isn't worth dog-****" and I am telling them the guy is "class, and needs the ball to his feet"...the following week it might be vice versa.

Early in the season, with my new iFollow, I went out on a limb and called a few matches opposite to the "regular" match rating posters, simply because I dislike the continual use of the long-ball even though it was getting results...... so now I rarely post a rating of every player, preferring to summarise matches at half-time and full-time on the Match Thread, it's safer!!

I also think everyone has their "favourites" ie I love to watch Jones or Toots bombing down the wing, so if either do cock up a defensive tackle, I tend to mentally ignore it as the price to be paid for exciting wing-play....I think this is a normal human reaction that we all, even Nolo, suffer from ie refusing to give Forte a decent run in the side until every other alternative had been tried.

Not a criticism, just an observation BTW.

Quote Originally Posted by tarquinbeech View Post
    For me, I very rarely criticise anyone's match ratings (unless I think they have some kind of agenda) because quite simply we all see the game slightly differently....I've had no end of arguments-heated discussion with my lads plus Cobra or Branno over the years ie one of them will suddenly come out with "Westcarr isn't worth dog-****" and I am telling them the guy is "class, and needs the ball to his feet"...the following week it might be vice versa.

Early in the season, with my new iFollow, I went out on a limb and called a few matches opposite to the "regular" match rating posters, simply because I dislike the continual use of the long-ball even though it was getting results...... so now I rarely post a rating of every player, preferring to summarise matches at half-time and full-time on the Match Thread, it's safer!!

I also think everyone has their "favourites" ie I love to watch Jones or Toots bombing down the wing, so if either do cock up a defensive tackle, I tend to mentally ignore it as the price to be paid for exciting wing-play....I think this is a normal human reaction that we all, even Nolo, suffer from ie refusing to give Forte a decent run in the side until every other alternative had been tried.

Not a criticism, just an observation BTW.
    Good post. I like it when maybe up to 10 posters give their ratings, mostly for the reasons you mention - everyone's got their own take and it's interesting to see what the general consensus is and the first set of ratings shouldn't be any more important than the last.
    The ratings post is one of the first I'd open to read and I'd much rather see the opinion of NCM regulars than the NEP (which can't help being slanted) or crap from the Sun on Sunday. I guess you do get some who only snipe but would never post their own marks but I think most know that's what they should be doing.

Agree with much of what’s been said here. Noble IMO has been a weak link since a great game against Mansfield and, given the options Nolan has in midfield, is very lucky to have kept his place.

I notice Milsom wasn’t even on the bench again yesterday; he was our best player by a mile at Accrington but hasn’t played a minute since! In any case, I’d also prefer O’Connor and Husin (both of whom were v good from the bench yesterday) over Noble currently.

Forte was my MOTM. Led the line superbly throughout; he’s the best goal scorer we have but his overall game and hold up play was great yesterday. A word too for Collin who I thought was excellent, good to see Nolan no longer forcing him to slow things down with his distribution (one of his main strengths).

Collin - 7
    Hunt - 5, no longer FL standard IMO
    Duffy - 7
    Brisley - 6.5
    Jones - 7
    Virtue - 7
    Hewitt - 7.5
    Noble - 5
    Alessandra - 6.5
    Ameobi - 7
    Forte - 8

Forte was my MOM.
    Just his presence on the pitch pushes back the opposition and allows space for others.
    He is a pure confidence player and I’m so glad he’s hit form at a critical time.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12