+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wigan Champs.

Wigan Champs.

Surely. They are just that bit better than us, especially at killing games. 2 in 3 minutes today and game over. We aren't far behind, but they are just that bit better.

But now only having just read Cook's comments about Rovers post match, I hope somehow we beat them to it.

What an arsehole.

The thing is, Saxo, we gave them that early-season lead. Hard to claw that back completely.
    I'd say the teams are very evenly matched.

Quote Originally Posted by AucklandRover View Post
    The thing is, Saxo, we gave them that early-season lead. Hard to claw that back completely.
    I'd say the teams are very evenly matched.
    The teams are evenly matched as the two draws against Wigan show. However there the the similarity ends, our fans despite the horrors of recent years turn out in much bigger numbers. I don't mind Cooks little dig as it is just what I would expect and I certainly won't be losing any sleep over it.

Quote Originally Posted by test View Post
    The teams are evenly matched as the two draws against Wigan show. However there the the similarity ends, our fans despite the horrors of recent years turn out in much bigger numbers. I don't mind Cooks little dig as it is just what I would expect and I certainly won't be losing any sleep over it.

When they lost at Pomey away 3 weeks ago, they didn't close that out? We beat Fleetwood away. Didn't see us doing all this??
    We don't need to respond to Wigan. We have class. Mowbray has class. We haven't spoken once whereas Wigan have mouthed off all season. That club showed no class when they fluked beating Man City in the cup. Pep said, Cook has absolutely no class at all. Their fans ran on the pitch to goad Man City fans, and attack and goad City players.
    Sax, you have been a very open and vocal supporter of Cook & Wigan all season. That is fine, they got the job done in their own way. We are a much better football side than Wigan. Our squad is better suited to the Champ. We have the better players. We have the best player, Dack.
    And Wigan had 14 point lead over us in Nov. Which we clawed back. And they haven't beaten us once, or looked like it. We will go up onTues. So what Cook says is funny. Let's see if they can stay up next season. Because we will.
    Last edited by champs95; 22-04-2018 at 12:33 PM.

First of all welcome back test
    Secondly cook is looking like a complete tool with his comment however he has been like this for most of the season
    So hope we beat the to it just feel we are running out of games
    3 wins out of 3 and it could be interesting especially with a trick away trip to Bristol rovers for Wigan.

Quote Originally Posted by robinrover View Post
    First of all welcome back test
    Secondly cook is looking like a complete tool with his comment however he has been like this for most of the season
    So hope we beat the to it just feel we are running out of games
    3 wins out of 3 and it could be interesting especially with a trick away trip to Bristol rovers for Wigan.

I also think Dyche will move on in summer. And Cook will end up as Burnley manager.
    Wigan are just a yo-yo club. They only got 8k for their biggest game vrs Oxford the other night. They are tin pot club. They haven't spent more than one season in a division for 5 years now. This side won't be good enough for the Champ. I'm so glad we play football, and also get the job done. That will help us push on. Great to hear the CEO saying we are already have 4/5 players identified for the Champ who we want to buy. And 2-3 loan players. Venkys will agree to TM after promotion is sealed Tuesday.

Champs, if ever there was a time that I wished you could delete a thread, this is it. I was merely being sporting and conceding they have been better over the whole season.

Now with their managers comments, they don't deserve it. His comments are clearly designed to upset our lads, hoping he can derail us in some way. He really doesn't want us to be promoted alongside them, that's absolutely clear.

There is one (or maybe 2 with you?) classless ****er who has been vocal about Blackburn Rovers Football Club this season. All the way through it. And also to Shrewsbury. And also to Manchester City. And it's fans.
    We will congratulate them. As a club.
    But I'm just so happy we have a great manager that let that simply roll over us. He has been asked about it. And he won't be unprofessional enough to respond. Wigan are a nothing club. We don't need to let ourselves get distracted by an ex Burnley player and a club like Wigan. We are much better on and off the pitch. And have been so for 130 years. And it simply won't work. It's pathetic actually.

It's Division 1. The 3rd tier of English football. This maybe the pinicle for some ****e ex Burnley manager but it certainly isn't for us.
    And until we are over line, we won't be taking our eye off the ball. fans or club. Yes they've done well. On tue we will be with them. And it's just one final step forwards. That's all. Let him get excited. To say they are just better is laughable. And the kind of **** I'd expect to come out of Cooks mouth. Never one of our own.
    Last edited by champs95; 22-04-2018 at 05:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by test View Post
    Hello Test,how's the fishing going? and how's that Burnley supporting grandson of yours doing? Lol

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)