+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Rest next week 😂

James,
    I understand where you are coming from, but Harry Lewis must not be given the chance to turn the managers mind!

At the minute, Durnan has an ankle injury and we may have to go with Ralston, Murdoch, Moshni and Robson. They have all not played for a full season so should not need a rest until they are on their holidays.

Are there still some fans on here who think we can win the play offs ?

If Queens can beat United twice in a row we would require something sensational to happen to have a chance.

We require a miracle.

If United can pull this off it will be the surprise of the season.

The play offs will decide the future of the manager and most of the players - they have a lot to play for.

Quote Originally Posted by ClashCityRocker View Post

We require a miracle.
    I actually do think we have a chance, but i also see all the other variables of Shabba and the bunch of mercenaries he has at his disposal!

Quote Originally Posted by RAM1971 View Post
    We must secure third place. This will guarantee a reasonable home gate. If we finish fourth and play the away game first, this could see the seagulls outnumbering the home fans for the return game.

Ouch!!!! Sorry that was my tongue piercing my cheek!

Of you finish 3rd you get the 2nd leg at home

No big deal really, we know if we make it by Dunfermline that we will be away from home 2nd leg in the two other ties if they happen

Quote Originally Posted by ClashCityRocker View Post

If Queens can beat United twice in a row we would require something sensational to happen to have a chance.

We require a miracle.

If United can pull this off it will be the surprise of the season.

The play offs will decide the future of the manager and most of the players - they have a lot to play for.

If we are in the top flight next season it will be one of the biggest shocks in many years

Livi get gates of less than 1000, so they have done really well to finish 2nd.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesMcClean View Post
    Putting aside the jokes about our 'quality', in all seriousness game management for this next period needs put in place. Dunfermline still need a result next week, we don't. Therefore, they will be putting out their strongest team, we don't. I agree that now, 3rd or 4th is pretty irrelevant. We'll carry a big support down to East End Park.

Priority number one I would suggest is that Mehmet stays clear of injury, therefore I would bring back Lewis next week for one match. Guys like Durnan and Edge who need game time should play, plus the likes of Matty Smith and Fraser who definitely needs 90 mins under his belt. Other older guys like Flood and McDonald most certainly should not play next week.
    Briels as well is in a category of players needing game time.

We save money giving Lewis a game. No danger that Csaba doesn’t realise Deniz is now first choice

Edge can do a shift and would probably suit against physical Livi

Would be madness not to rest most of the first team.

Csaba was complaining after QOS that team were tired. Here is chance to give most of first team another week off and rest up for when it matters

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    Of you finish 3rd you get the 2nd leg at home

No big deal really, we know if we make it by Dunfermline that we will be away from home 2nd leg in the two other ties if they happen
    After yesterday's result and performance is it any wonder my thinking is back to front?

A rest!!! the players have given zero in most games, the tempo's been that low that they could sustain that for days let alone 90 minutes.......

but i agree if wafflepi$h is thinking straight, he'll rest key players and play smart, but i wont hold my breath

do i think we'll win the play offs to have a shot at partick/hamilton or the fun?....sadly no, this mob have set my expectations that low that top 6 in the championship would be a success

however, my fingers are firmly crossed

These chancers have been resting all season.

Settling for finishing behind GODDAM DUNFERMLINE because it makes "no difference" is a seriously ridiculous mindset.
    Get a grip.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)