+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Rest next week 😂

Genuinely not too bothered where we finish compared to Dunfermline.

What matters is whether we beat them in the play offs

Livi and the Shed have qualified for the play-offs, whilst Dunfermline and ICT battle it out for the remaining Championship place. From what I've seen this season, Shed are the least deserving of a play-off place. Both Dunfermline and ICT had poor starts to the season but have come on leaps and bounds, giving their supporters much hope for the play-offs. We on the other hand are dreading it.

I think you are right RAM that at that moment we are not very deserving.

Our goal difference is really poor and our form has been very mixed since Xmas.

I still though think we could take this chance now we are in the play offs.

The St Mirren performance showed that when we are against better teams we have the ability to sit in when required and to get results.

The players were full of energy that night and playing well. Everyone should be up for the play offs and hopefully we can get some more wins

Of course we are deserving over the season, however since new year we have been weaker than Inverness and probably on a "par" at best with Dunfermline

Dunfermline well be in the playoffs though, Inverness will be favs for next seasons league though id imagine

BTW, we'd have been 2nd comfortably if the injuries in December didn't happen, us then going to shyt allowed all these average sides to catch up

Our peak level this season in November/December is much higher than any of the others including v Livi

What worries me most is the fact that we are still capable of producing a performance like the one on Saturday. Do that at any time in any of the payoff matches and we are in trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    What worries me most is the fact that we are still capable of producing a performance like the one on Saturday. Do that at any time in any of the payoff matches and we are in trouble.
    Think that's exactly what'll happen T. We've shown no consistency so far, can't see it happening now.

The team have been hit or miss all season - I suspect the play offs will be same.

You really don't know what you are getting when the players run out onto the pitch - there is absolutely no consistency in the team.

So, if the inform United turn up we might have a chance, but if the out of form United turn up it will be curtains for promotion.

Take your pick - I think it will be a combination of both during the play offs and we will be is the same league next season.

Quote Originally Posted by stokearab View Post
    Think that's exactly what'll happen T. We've shown no consistency so far, can't see it happening now.
    I totally agree, that's why I think promotion is a real long shot for this team.

What is the underlying feeling on inconsistency? squad tampering, formation, players out of position, tactics, lack of depth or simply poor players? My only positive thread is that we may be up for the play offs and play our best football. Head says we could go into a game against ICT or DAFC and get gubbed. Is it a case that players can be affected by pressure and apathy across club and support alike??

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)